Microsoft Halo 3
- It's everything that we've all been hoping and waiting for. A flawless shooter in every way.
- Some of the graphics are occasionally ropey, slightly short single-player campaign.
Halo 3 is going to sell a gazillion copies regardless of what we say. It's therefore just as well that the game fully deserves its phenomenal sales -- one of the best shooters we have ever seen, period.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
There's no denying it -- Halo 3 is the biggest videogame in history. No other game has had as much hype, built-up fan anticipation nor the marketing push (try $10 million in the US alone) as the last chapter of the premiere franchise in console gaming. View more screenshots in our Halo slideshow Indeed, the game has proved so popular that it has singlehandedly slowed down the Xbox Live service, due to thousands of gamers playing online at the same time.
But is the game worthy? Does it live up the high expectations that gamers world-wide have set for it? I have two words for you: 'Hell' and 'Yes'.
Price Of Admission
I want to first start off by saying that Halo 3 is worth every penny: Go buy it! In fact, it's worth investing in an Xbox 360 if you don't already own one -- I'm willing to bet there will be more than a few gamers who line up on launch day to buy not only the game but a console as well. The Limited Edition is the sweet spot for me. It comes with some really cool bonus features, such as Making Of documentaries and a nifty A/V Calibrator for your television. The Legendary Edition is a little ridiculous unless you're a Halo fanatic and have a small cat or dog that can wear the included Master Chief helmet. The standard version is just fine too if you don't care about any of the fancy extras.
Chances are, you've already conquered Halo and Halo 2, so you should be fairly familiar with the gameplay and storyline. If you haven't, no worries. The game is easy enough to pick up if you've played first-person shooters before, and all you need to know about the story is that Master Chief is a badass and Brutes are "evil," as George Bush likes to say.
So what's new in Halo 3, besides the single-player campaign that brings the legendary storyline of Master Chief and the war against the Covenant forces to a thrilling conclusion? How about refreshing level design, a slew of new weaponry, the introduction of equipment, competitive online co-op, and a detailed multiplayer level editor called the Forge, which allows you to design levels and play them online.
I'll get to all of those things in turn but first, let me talk about what many gamers consider to be the most important element -- the graphics.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Razer roll out studio-grade Serien Elite microphone
- Blizzard announce new rewards for Battle for Azeroth preorders
- Intel Extreme Masters to bring eSports back to the Qudos Arena in May
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- The Avengers Project release date, platforms, gameplay news & trailers
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAEM Product Owner - Adobe Experience ManagerNSW
- CCLinux DevOps Engineer - Cloud platformVIC
- TPJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AgileOther
- CCReporting Business AnalystNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- CCFront-end DeveloperNSW
- CCField Technician - Windows/ Office 365 EnvironmentVIC
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorVIC
- CC.Net Integration Senior DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical LeadOther
- FTBusiness / Data AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User ComputingOther
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperACT
- FTIntegration DeveloperOther
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSolution Designer l Java, Mulesoft, SalesforceNSW
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)Other
- FTCloud Systems EngineerOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTProject SpecialistSA
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- TPProject Manager - Governance and L&DQLD