Manaccom Corporation Ringtone Studio 2
- Simple, cheap
- We encountered many errors during use of the software
The main advantages this application offers is that it's cheap and simple, but are almost lost in frustration of getting it to work. Assuming the patches will sort out the bugs, this could be a great option for heavy mobile users with an ever evolving desire for new ringtones, but be aware of the potential frustration.
Price$ 30.00 (AUD)
Philosopher Rene Descartes once said "I think therefore I am", however it is something very far from thought that defines us today. In fact, the artist Andy Warhol probably said it better when he said "I am a deeply superficial person". Clothes, music and technology all give an outward impression of who we are, but nothing says 'this is me' better, especially to the person next to you on the bus, than a loud, in-your-face ringtone.
However, with all the phones in the world there just aren't enough default ringtones to set you aside from the pack, which is where a software package like Manaccom's Ringtone Studio 2 comes into play. It's a very basic package that allows you to import sounds or songs and export them to your phone via a number of transfer methods, such as infrared, Bluetooth, USB or WAP. Ringtone Studio 2 will export a few file formats, including WAV, MP3 and SMAF/MMF.
It's true that many phones these days will simply download MP3s you've created on your PC and set them as a ringtone. However, if you want something a little fancier, perhaps a series of quotes from your favourite movie or TV show, and you're not especially computer literate, Ringtone Studio 2 is an option. In fact, Ringtone Studio 2's packaging and online press material say the product is "buffoon" friendly, catering for everyone.
It's a simple application with simple means. You can take any CD, audio file or audio source on your PC and import it to Ringtone Studio 2, including MP3s or even your own voice. Once the audio is imported you see it in a wave form across the bottom of the application. It is here that you do your cutting and editing before saving the final product and exporting it. The three editing tools include volume adjustment and fade in or out. Once you're finished you hit the export button and off you go.
Unfortunately it's not the most refined piece of software and we encountered a number of problems, which tended to get frustrating at times, especially when it wouldn't do something it was meant to. For instance, moving the curser to a new point in the track often didn't work the way it should. Since this is one of the most basic functions, we were quite disappointed to see the glitch. We also found that the software would lock up on one of our two installations, forcing us to close it, and we weren't able to adjust the volume on either installation. In this regard, despite its simplicity, computer illiterate users may still get very frustrated and the rest of us will probably follow suit.
The software does have its own automatic updater, so hopefully bugs like this can be patched out in the future. However, throughout our tests we barely got to achieve what we set out to achieve. The automatic updater corrupted the application and required a re-install. The application locked up on a number of occasions and when we tried to export to MP3 on one of our systems the application was missing the required codec. It would not explain how to download it, or explain which codec was required; not a very good situation for "buffoons". We did eventually manage to get a file exported, but were disappointed by the difficulties.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTRigger TechniciansOther
- FTChange ManagerSA
- FTSenior Biz Talk DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX ? Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTNetwork Support Engineer - HFC and FTTxOther
- FTJunior Python Developer - TradingOther
- CCWeb PublisherACT
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTEllipse DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Project Manager- Infrastructure & Application upgradeOther
- CCData AnalystQLD
- FTIT Project Coordinator | Gold CoastQLD
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Non ITNSW
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Lead / Senior Systems EngineerOther
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTProject ManagerOther
- TPService Delivery ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT