Magix Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus
- Accepts HD input, shaky camera footage can be effortlessly stabilised, individual pixels can be tracked
- Novices may have trouble using this software
If ever you've wanted to get into home video editing then expect to be welcomed with open arms. Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus is exactly what you need, and often more so. It's a truly fantastic package.
Price$ 59.00 (AUD)
There's a staggering amount of extras available in Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus – a one-stop solution to home video production that makes you wonder how Hollywood ever managed before the digital revolution.
Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus really is a total package, especially considering that it's aimed somewhere between the amateur and semi-pro markets. Without even going any further than placing cuts in order, you've already got access to swifter technology than was available to Thelma Shoonmaker when she was editing Raging Bull.
Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus accepts HD input too, so you'll also be able to work at a higher resolution with up to 99 video tracks, but it's not its role as an electronic editing room that really makes the package stand out.
There are plenty of products that offer similarly efficient cutting and identical and often cheesy transitions that, if used without artful skill, can make home movies look like industrial training videos.
The true power is in sexier post-production techniques. Shaky camera footage can be effortlessly stabilised, individual pixels can be tracked so you can map a travelling graphic to, for example, mask a characters face as they move around the screen and you can even add Chroma Key effects so footage taken in front of a blue screen can be merged with another video track.
You could use Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus to make your own weather broadcasts and you can even use the included Reallusion iClone 2 SE to add set digital characters to your movies that follow prescribed movements and actions. There's no arguing with the price. Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus is fantastic value. You can even ask Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus to access your MP3 collection. By clicking on one song you'll be told what others sound similar. Basic stereo sound can be rendered into decent 5.1 surround with little confusion.
Simplicity of use is also key to Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus' success and it won't take long before even a total novice is up, running and dabbling with a collection of toys that only a few years ago would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. You won't get more for your money anywhere else.
NOTE: Pricing of this product is in U.K Currency
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)NSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCdevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- CCDisaster Recovery SpecialistQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCInfrastructure Test ManagerNSW
- FTData Analyst - BIQLD
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTSecurity Dev Ops and Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTDelivery Analyst | $62 p/hrVIC
- TPImplementation Planner | P90 |$1300/dayQLD
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTProject Manager / Web DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW