Sometimes an excellent operating system can be made even better
Magix Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus
- Accepts HD input, shaky camera footage can be effortlessly stabilised, individual pixels can be tracked
- Novices may have trouble using this software
If ever you've wanted to get into home video editing then expect to be welcomed with open arms. Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus is exactly what you need, and often more so. It's a truly fantastic package.
Price$ 59.00 (AUD)
There's a staggering amount of extras available in Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus – a one-stop solution to home video production that makes you wonder how Hollywood ever managed before the digital revolution.
Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus really is a total package, especially considering that it's aimed somewhere between the amateur and semi-pro markets. Without even going any further than placing cuts in order, you've already got access to swifter technology than was available to Thelma Shoonmaker when she was editing Raging Bull.
Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus accepts HD input too, so you'll also be able to work at a higher resolution with up to 99 video tracks, but it's not its role as an electronic editing room that really makes the package stand out.
There are plenty of products that offer similarly efficient cutting and identical and often cheesy transitions that, if used without artful skill, can make home movies look like industrial training videos.
The true power is in sexier post-production techniques. Shaky camera footage can be effortlessly stabilised, individual pixels can be tracked so you can map a travelling graphic to, for example, mask a characters face as they move around the screen and you can even add Chroma Key effects so footage taken in front of a blue screen can be merged with another video track.
You could use Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus to make your own weather broadcasts and you can even use the included Reallusion iClone 2 SE to add set digital characters to your movies that follow prescribed movements and actions. There's no arguing with the price. Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus is fantastic value. You can even ask Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus to access your MP3 collection. By clicking on one song you'll be told what others sound similar. Basic stereo sound can be rendered into decent 5.1 surround with little confusion.
Simplicity of use is also key to Movie Edit Pro 14.0 Plus' success and it won't take long before even a total novice is up, running and dabbling with a collection of toys that only a few years ago would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. You won't get more for your money anywhere else.
NOTE: Pricing of this product is in U.K Currency
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Apple combats iPhone throttling backlash with new iOS 12 features
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies