In the era of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), more and more major tech brands are being caught out when it comes to cloud-based storage solutions – and their customers are paying the price.
Keep a finger on your PC's pulse with Perfgraph
- Free, compact interface
- May have to do a bit of configuration to get it working properly
Perfgraph works much like other free programs of its type. It has a more compact interface than most, so for those who like to save screen real estate, this system monitor is a solid bet.
If you're the kind of person who likes to constantly monitor your hardware's performance, you'd do well to give the free Perfgraph a try. This simple tool runs in the taskbar, and monitors many different types of hardware performance, including CPU utilisation, memory usage, CPU temperature, and more.
You may have to do a bit of configuration to get it working properly. At the end of the installation process, it asks whether you want it to run in your Taskbar. If you don't answer yes, you won't be able to use the program, so make sure to answer yes. Even once it's there, though, it may not seem of much use, because it's so small, you may not be able to see its graphs. You'll need to rearrange the taskbar. Right-click the taskbar, de-select "Lock the Taskbar," then drag the handle next to Perfgraph to the right--that way it will take up enough of the taskbar so that you can see the graphs. One more troubleshooting tip: If you don't see Perfgraph after installation, right-click the taskbar, and from the Toolbars menu, select Perfgraph.
All this sounds like more work than it actually takes; you should have it up and running quickly. Note that you can only run one Perfgraph monitor at a time. So if you want to monitor both your CPU and memory use, for example, you'll have to run two instances of it. To do that, right-click the taskbar, and select "New Perfgraph Instance."
The utility is quite customisable; you can change the colours it uses, and details such as whether to monitor each CPU core individually, or instead as a single cumulative graph. To configure it, right-click it and select Pergraph Configuration. Perfgraph works much like other free programs of this type. It has a more compact interface than most, so for those who like to save screen real estate, it's a solid bet.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Bitdefender unveils new 2019 product line
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Apple combats iPhone throttling backlash with new iOS 12 features
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies