Logitech UE Air Speaker review
Logitech UE Air Speaker review: The UE Air is a commendable speaker system with decent sound quality, but it will disappoint those looking for fantastic audio.
- Attractive design
- AirPlay and ease of setup
- Loud volume
- Distortion at high volumes
- An overall muddy sound
If you own an iOS device and you're looking for a simple and easy solution to play your music in the home, you should definitely consider the Logitech UE Air Speaker. However, given its high price tag, the UE Air Speaker's audio quality is a little disappointing. This is certainly not a bad speaker system, but merely a good one that's a little overpriced.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Logitech UE Air Speaker doesn't come with a remote control, which makes sense given the fact your iOS device acts as the controller. Given the device also has an auxilliary input for non iOS devices, however, a remote could have come in handy for some users. When it's in sleep mode, the UE Air Speaker can be ready to go in about two seconds, so we recommend not completely turning it off (by holding down the power button for five seconds) unless you aren't planning to use it for a while. When playing music through AirPlay there is a slight delay when changing tracks (about three seconds) and playing a song initially can take up to five seconds.
The sound quality on the Logitech UE Air speaker is best described as well-balanced rather than great, so it will definitely disappoint audiophiles. Volume is loud enough to fill a large room or two, even at around 75 per cent, so this is a system that will suit a small house party. However, turn it up a little louder and there is evident distortion and a lack of clarity. The overall sound is slightly muddy.
On a positive note, the UE Air Speaker produces good detail — particularly in the midrange ⏼ offers punchy but not overpowering bass reproduction and its stereo separation is no less lacking than many other all-in-one speaker docks on the market.
One real plus of the Logitech UE Air Speaker is the fact you can adjust normally untouchable bass and treble settings through the app. We found the default settings provided the best balance but users will appreciate the ability to tinker with basic audio elements that Apple doesn't normally allow by default. Turning up the bass too far, however, tends to cloud the midrange more than provide a deeper thump.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMySQL Database AdministratorQLD
- TPLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Java DeveloperOther
- CCRF Engineer - Melbourne Based, Start ASAPVIC
- CCJunior Website AdministratorACT
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystOther
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- CCSQL Server DeveloperQLD
- FTETL DeveloperOther
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- FTMarketing Communications ManagerOther
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTConfiguration AnalystOther
- TPProject Manager/Business Analyst - HPWQLD
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- FTTransport EngineerOther
- FTChief Information Security OfficerVIC
- FTPython Developer - FinTech/TradingOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesVIC
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantQLD
- FTICT Infrastructure / Server EngineerSA
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther