Logitech S125i portable iPod speaker
This portable iPod speaker is good for picnics and trips to the beach
- Decent sound quality with reasonable bass, well built
- Distortion at higher volumes, bass enhancement feature affects clarity, only 10 hours of battery life using four AAs
The Logitech S125i is a portable iPod speaker that is good to throw in your bag when heading out for a picnic. It doesn’t have perfect sound quality and it’s a little more expensive than we think it should be, but it’s built well and makes for a fun addition to your picnic basket.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
The Logitech S125i is a well-built iPod speaker system that can use batteries or mains power to run. It’s a simple unit and provides reasonable audio quality at low to medium volumes, but distortion becomes evident when cranking the sound up. Despite its flaws, it could be a useful product if you're heading off on a holiday.
The Logitech S125i is not flimsily built and it doesn't rattle, which is unusual for a budget iPod accessory. With four AA batteries in the bottom-loading battery compartment it tips the scales at just under 400g, so you can easily throw it in a backpack and not notice the extra weight. Battery life is a disappointing 10 hours, however. The buttons are well constructed and offer good tactile feedback.
The Logitech S125i has a 3.5mm auxiliary input on its rear, so you can plug in almost any portable media player if you have the correct cable.
We found sound to be best at a medium volume level. There’s a bass enhancement button on the front but by and large we preferred it off. The speaker system's reasonable treble detail and slightly recessed mid-range made for good listening, especially with the ambient noise of an office in the background.
Maxing out the Logitech S125i’s speakers in a quiet park, we quickly noticed that the treble was not nearly as prominent as mid-range. Distortion was also obvious during complex musical passages. Switching on the bass enhancement did give a boost to lower frequencies, but also robbed treble of its clarity — this is a mode well suited to higher volume levels where treble is already over-shadowed.
Despite being slightly expensive for a humble portable iPod speaker, the Logitech S125i is a decent purchase. It has acceptable sound quality at most listening volumes and is built well; its flaws only become debilitating at maximum volume.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review: Full, in-depth review
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTest Analyst - Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTTrainer- Information/ Cyber SecurityOther
- FTCRM Solution ArchitectACT
- TPChange Manager - Services CatalogueQLD
- TPChange ManagerACT
- FTSenior Pega Developer (Pega Senior Systems Architect)Other
- FTSenior Solution Architect - TransformationOther
- FTSenior Consultant - Portfolio GovernanceVIC
- FTPerformance and Capacity Management SpecialistOther
- FTUtilities Contract Administrator - $34phOther
- CCApplication DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Functional Analyst- Time Management, VIM, BPC, HCM FioriOther
- FTSenior Change Analyst / Change Manager ( Banking background)Other
- FTDatastage Systems Engineer - Financial Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCDesktop/Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTCyber Security Engineer - AWS Project!Other
- FTJunior Account Manager - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesACT
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - TableauOther
- FTReporting AnalystOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther