Logitech Pure-Fi Mobile
A versatile speaker system that's ideal for travellers
- Design and build quality, speakerphone performance, versatility
- Average sound quality, hissing evident in Bluetooth mode
It doesn’t provide the best sound quality, but for travellers its versatility makes the Pure-Fi Mobile an appealing speaker system.
Price$ 229.00 (AUD)
A versatile portable speaker system that also boasts the ability to handle phone calls, Logitech's Pure-Fi Mobile features Bluetooth, meaning it can handle A2DP music streaming. Although this is a handy feature, the Pure-Fi is ultimately let down by average sound quality.
In terms of design, this is one of the better looking portable speaker units on the market. The Pure-Fi Mobile stands out thanks to a gloss front finish, silver sides and a rubberised rear casing. Its compact design makes it ideal to take with you when travelling, and the build quality means you shouldn't have too many issues in this regard: the Pure-Fi Mobile feels sturdy and capable of taking a few knocks.
The controls all sit along the top of the unit and the buttons are raised enough to ensure comfort and tactility. Operation is straightforward, and the buttons are conveniently divided into sections. On the left are call-handling controls, including answer call, end call and mute keys. In the middle lies a power button and source key, the latter switching between the Pure-Fi Mobile's three modes: Bluetooth, USB and line-in. On the right, Logitech has included volume controls and a 3D Surround Sound button.
Using the Pure-Fi Mobile is simple. The unit runs off an internal rechargeable battery that Logitech claims will last for up to 12 hours; it comes fully charged out of the box. Press the power button to turn the unit on and use the source button to select an audio mode. For Bluetooth, holding down the source button until the Bluetooth light flashes puts the unit in pairing mode, allowing you to connect it to your A2DP compatible mobile phone.
The audio quality of the Pure-Fi Mobile varies depending on what mode you use it in. Obviously quality while using Bluetooth audio streaming doesn't compare to using a regular device with a 3.5mm headphone jack. In Bluetooth mode there is a slight hissing sound in the background while music is playing; on soft tunes this quickly becomes annoying. The volume level at the highest setting is also marginally lower in Bluetooth mode.
While using the unit with a device that has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack or with a PC in USB mode, sound is marginally better but still not great. Considering the size of the unit, we weren't surprised to learn that audio levels at the highest volume aren't loud enough to fill even a small-sized room with sound. We also expected better clarity. The Pure-Fi also suffers from poor instrumental separation, with individual elements in the music being washed-out at decent volume levels. For travellers, the audio won't really be an issue, but those looking for quality are best advised to look elsewhere.
A useful feature of the Pure-Fi Mobile is its ability to work as a wireless speakerphone to handle phone calls. According to Logitech, it features two built-in microphones — one to pick up vocal nuances and the other to monitor and block unwanted background noise. Both incoming and outgoing audio levels were loud and clear and we managed to hold a conversation at least five or six metres away from the unit.
Logitech includes a zip-up case and an AC charger in the sales package, and the unit can also be charged through a PC via the included standard mini-USB cable.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
- Pelican prepares for iPhone 8 launch with range of rugged cases
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorWA
- CCeLearning DeveloperACT
- CCSenior SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- CCTRIM Support OfficerWA
- FTSenior Unica DeveloperOther
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BrisbaneNSW
- TPQlik DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTData Specialist (SSIS, CRM)ACT
- FTDigital Acquisition Campaign ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTFront End UI Web DeveloperOther
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- FTMobile App Developer - XamarinWA
- FTNetwork Support Engineer x2Other
- FTSenior Master Data Officer- SAP , VLookup, Pivot, FinanceOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTMS SQL AdministratorOther
- FTData Modeller (Test Data Management)ACT
- CCTRIM Support OfficerACT
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD