Logitech MX Air
- Air mode, intuitive and easy to use, bright orange backlight, reprogrammable functions, good range, included charging dock
It doesn't come cheap but the MX Air certainly performs well and is ideal for a media centre PC. It also works excellent as a regular desktop mouse.
Price$ 229.95 (AUD)
Operating similar to the Nintendo Wii's remote, Logitech's MX Air is a wireless mouse that can also be lifted off the desk and controlled through the air. With an array of media buttons, the MX Air is ideal for a media centre PC, but its excellent sensitivity means it can be used effectively in the air for any number of applications.
Logitech calls their technology "freespace motion control". The MX Air is surprisingly easy to use -- simply lift the mouse off the desk and the unit shifts into air tracking mode. Conveniently, there is no sensor bar required, and the mouse cursor enlarging when the mouse is in air mode is a nice touch. You don't even need to keep the mouse level or pointed at the screen for it to operate effectively.
We were pleasantly surprised by the MX Air's sensitivity. Operation is intuitive and responsive, and the mouse deals with hand shake quite well. We were easily able to select small icons on our display, such as the minimise button on open windows.
With an array of media buttons, the MX Air is ideal for a media centre PC. Volume can be conveniently adjusted by holding the volume button and gesturing with the mouse from side to side. The MX Air can also play, pause, skip and repeat music or video tracks, scroll through documents and select a specific cursor position in a word document. Logitech plans to include more gestures via a later firmware upgrade.
In terms of design, the MX Air is certainly a flashy device, with a gloss black plastic and chrome finish. It's not the best for fingerprints though -- so much so that Logitech conveniently includes a cleaning cloth to keep it looking good. The buttons are easy to press and the orange backlight that activates when in air mode looks superb. The touch-sensitive scroll pad is convenient and much more effective than the regular scroll wheel found on most mice.
Installation is a simple process and the included SetPoint software allows you to reprogram a number of functions. The MX Air operates via an RF receiver that plugs into a USB port and Logitech claims a 30ft range. Conveniently, the MX Air operates via a Lithium Ion battery and the included charging dock is handy. With regular office use, we found the MX Air lasts almost a week before requiring a recharge.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerVIC
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - PEGAOther
- FTEllipse DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- FTSystems Support ManagerNSW
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperQLD
- TPService Delivery ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTDigital ProducerQLD
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTDeployment TechnicianVIC
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTApplication Packaging EngineerOther
- TPIntegration Developer. Cloud SolutionsNSW
- FTSales ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTIntegration DeveloperVIC
- CCSolaris / Oracle SPARC administratorVIC
- FTTechnical Lead / Senior Systems EngineerOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC