- Great sound, loud enough for use in the home, charges and syncs your iPod to a PC, stylish
- Some distortion evident at high volume levels, quite large, lacks bass
For a competitive price, the mm50 provides quality sound and is loud enough for in-home use.
Price$ 229.95 (AUD)
Portable speaker systems built specifically for iPods are becoming something of a fad these days and there are a plethora of options available on the market. Logitech are a major player in this space and the Logitech mm50 iPod portable speakers we reviewed produced quality sound.
Measuring 325 x 102 x 38 mm, the mm50 is clearly on the larger side in terms of portability. However we liked the flip-out stand and the built in rechargeable battery, which also charges your iPod while it is connected to a power source.
The mm50 can be used with the Apple iPod, iPod mini and iPod nano. Depending on which model you have, Logitech has included two extra plastic snap-on holders - one for the original and photo iPods and the other for the mini. Unfortunately the mm50 was released before the iPod nano and therefore Logitech were unable to include an insert, but the nano is still compatible with this unit.
The included dock connector on the back of the mm50 allows direct connection between an iPod and a computer, allowing you to charge, sync and listen to music. Hooking this up is simply a matter of connecting one end of the iPod's USB cable to the back of the mm50, the other end to your PC and docking the iPod in the speaker system.
The sound quality of the mm50 was excellent and Logitech have included a 3D function which widens the sound levels. The volume levels of the unit were extremely loud and although it is a portable device, we would have no qualms recommending it as a replacement for a stereo in your room. At higher volume levels, we did notice a little distortion and if you are looking for heavy bass, the mm50 isn't for you. The mm50 also includes a line-in jack which means that non iPod players can be used, but a cable for this feature is not included in the package.
The Lithium ion battery lasted about nine hours during testing, slightly less than Logitech's claimed 10 hours, but still ample, considering the sound quality the unit is capable of delivering.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTManual Tester - Accounting & FinanceOther
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- CCProject AnalystNSW
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- TPSecurity AnalystQLD
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery Technical Business AnalystOther
- CCSolaris / Oracle SPARC administratorVIC
- CCSenior Program CoordinatorNSW
- FTJunior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM DEVELOPER - BASELINE CLEARANCE REQUIRED - CANBERRAACT
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- CCDatabase Systems SpecialistNSW
- TPSAP BW ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTChange ManagerSA
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Design Engineer, DC Power, CommunicationsOther
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- CCWin10 Apps PackagerWA
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)WA
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther