Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Logitech LS21 PC speakers
A small 2.1 speaker system with versatile sound and great looks
- Classy styling, good treble and mid-bass
- No lower bass, low maximum volume
For listening to music while using your computer the Logitech LS21 speaker system is more than powerful enough. These PC speakers lose a bit of their lustre in larger rooms as the maximum volume is quite low, but as a budget system the Logitech LS21 is hard to beat.
Price$ 59.95 (AUD)
The Logitech LS21 is a stereo PC speaker system with two satellite speakers and a subwoofer. The sound it creates is well suited to small rooms, as mid-bass and treble are prominent. In larger rooms the speakers may sound tinny and hollow, however. When you consider that you can pick these speakers up for a street price of around $30, they become even more attractive.
The Logitech LS21 PC speaker system comprises two single-driver satellite speakers and a subwoofer. The two speakers have around two metres of cable hard-wired in, allowing for a little flexibility with placement around the subwoofer. A wired volume control is connected to the subwoofer — again, by around two metres of cable — and includes a power switch and headphone jack. Every component apart from the subwoofer is finished in the same piano-black coating with silver accents; an almost identical design to the HP w2448hc LCD monitor we coincidentally set them up next to.
The satellites are smaller than most we've seen: 14cm tall and 9cm wide. Since the subwoofer only uses a 4in driver it has a very small enclosure — significantly smaller than some bookshelf speakers we've seen — at a mere 19cm tall and 14cm wide. We weren't expecting much from these PC speakers but we were pleasantly surprised.
In a small room the speakers are in their element. Maximum volume levels are not high, but if you're sitting less than two metres away they will be more than sufficient. Treble levels from the satellite speakers are good, with high notes rich in detail without being harsh or shrill. Mid-bass — solely reproduced by the 4in speaker of the subwoofer — was somewhat bloated and lacking detail, but with the subwoofer tuned to around half the volume of the satellites it provided a pleasant accompanying kick to music. There is no lower bass to be found — there's simply not enough power — but let's be honest, we weren't expecting any from a system costing less than $30 on the street.
As a budget speaker system for listening to music on your PC and gaming, the Logitech LS21 is a great contender in its price bracket.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- Nokia 8 Sirocco review: Full, in-depth review
- Pillars of Eternity 2 - Deadfire review: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies