Logitech Gaming Headset G330
Logitech Gaming Headset G330 review: a lightweight headset for marathon gaming sessions
- Behind-the-head design, noise-cancelling microphone, USB sound card, inline audio controls
- Feels flimsy
For voice chat Logitech's Gaming Headset G330 is quite useful, but gamers might feel let down by the headset's overall performance.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
The Logitech Gaming Headset G330 is pitched at people who want a lightweight headphone/microphone combo for long gaming sessions. It provides decent sound quality for the average user, but avid gamers might end up feeling a little short-changed.
Check out GoodGearGuide's gaming headphones reviews.
Logitech Gaming Headset G330: Design
The G330 has a behind-the-head, adjustable headband that looks a little like a melted piece of plastic. On the left of the headset is a flexible microphone boom made of rubber. It can be rotated out of the way when not in use.
The headphones themselves are covered in foam. Your ears will stay relatively cool and the headphones don't apply too much pressure, making them ideal for long gaming sessions.
Logitech Gaming Headset G330: Functions, features and specs
The G330 can be connected to a computer in two ways: you can plug the analog headphone and microphone cords directly into your existing PC, or you can plug included USB 2.0 adapter into your computer and attach the analog headphone and microphone jacks to that instead.
Logitech has given the G330 Gaming Headset a generous 2.4m cable, with a handy Velcro strip for tying up any unused cable. The headset comes with inline audio controls, including a volume wheel and mute button for the microphone.
The G330 harnesses 30mm speakers that have a 40Hz-18KHz frequency response. Logitech has also equipped the G330 with a noise-cancelling, unidirectional microphone.
Logitech Gaming Headset G330: Performance
We didn't expect great performance from the G330 headphones considering the lightweight, open design, especially compared to closed-ear gaming headsets. The headphones produced average mid and high tones, and retained clarity at maximum volume; however, they lacked the bass hit we craved. The mediocre bass response left us feeling a little short-changed, particularly during explosive situations in games such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
During a Crysis Warhead test, the headphones failed to shut out the noise from an LCD TV running at a low volume in the background. While they are a comfy pair of headphones, they don't block out background sounds as well as closed-ear headphones like the Plantronics GameCom 367.
Although the G330 Gaming Headset is pitched at gamers, it also delivers reasonable performance for Web conferencing and Skype/VoIP calls.
We think the biggest selling point for the G330 headset would have to be its microphone. It produced clear sound during voice calls and we were pleased with the results. The microphone did a great job at cancelling out ambient noise like chitchat and the LCD TV running in the background.
The Logitech G330, for $99.95, offers pedestrian performance. As a solution for VoIP calls, the G330 is quite useful, but gamers might feel let down by the unit's overall performance.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Google finally bring the Pixel Buds to Australia
- Bose announce local availability and pricing for SoundSport Free true wireless earbuds
- Jabra confirm ANZ pricing and availability for Evolve 75e headphones
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By HyperX
- CES 2018: HyperX announces Wireless Cloud Flight Headset and RGB range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- TP.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness ImplementationOther
- FTJunior level .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- FTMotion Graphics Designer / VideographerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical AnalystSA
- FTFeature Team Lead - paying $725 per dayOther
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- FTMarketing Analyst - $60 phOther
- CCDigital ArchitectQLD
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTEnterprise ArchitectOther
- CCRequirements AnalystACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- CCKnowledge Analyst (Digital Content)NSW
- CCSenior Java developer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- CCFront-End Developer (React)NSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther