Logitech diNovo Edge
- Nice design, comfortable, looks fantastic, touchpad, touch-sensitive volume control, illuminated controls
- Price, no Caps Lock light, hidden controls can't stay illuminated
The diNovo Edge is an excellent keyboard overall, but its hefty asking price isn't justified. If you're prepared to pay for style, then you won't be disappointed.
Price$ 349.95 (AUD)
Logitech has long been at the forefront of PC desktop solutions and in the diNovo Edge it has created a stunning media keyboard that features a touchpad, a touch-sensitive volume bar and backlit media controls. If you can afford its hefty asking price, the diNovo Edge is one of the best keyboards on the market.
The wireless Bluetooth diNovo Edge follows the diNovo Media Desktop Laser's lead, using a similar, stylish design with slim, recessed keys. Logitech claims the keyboard is manufactured from a single piece of laser-cut Plexiglass and the glossy black finish certainly makes a bold statement. Although fingerprints and dust aren't kind to it, it looks stunning when clean and Logitech even includes a cloth to ensure it can be kept this way. After typing on it for a number of weeks, it didn't fail to impress.
The lowered keys mean the pressure required to type is greatly reduced, speeding up the typing process. After continual daily use over a period of three weeks, the diNovo Edge made typing more efficient and was more comfortable than using regular Apple and Dell keyboards. Additionally, The angled, brushed metal wrist-rest at the bottom of the diNovo Edge provides good support while typing. It's a relatively low keyboard, but it can be propped up by supports that reside on the bottom.
The diNovo Edge runs on an internal, proprietary, Lithium Ion battery, which can't be removed, and a charging base is included. The keyboard sits upright in the charging dock and easily clicks into place. Battery life was very good in our tests, as we only had to charge it once a week, despite using it up to eight hours a day.
The diNovo Edge includes plenty of media controls. Pressing the function button (Fn) reveals a row of bright, orange backlit symbols above the 'F' keys. They look stunning when activated, but we wish there was an option to leave the lights on permanently, as they only glow for a few seconds. Backlit keys include VoIP, search, email and Internet hotkeys, standby, zoom in/out, full-screen, sleep, and there is also a volume slider bar. Also present are standard media controls (previous, next, play/pause and stop) as well as four customisable keys that can be assigned to regularly used applications. One feature missing is a Caps Lock light, but a message is displayed on the PC's screen when this is toggled on and off.
The diNovo Edge also has a 'TouchDisc' touchpad that can be used as a mouse. It's very responsive and left and right mouse buttons are located directly underneath it. Alternatively, you can tap or double tap the 'TouchDisc' itself to perform single and double clicks, respectively, and it can also be used for scrolling. The 'TouchDisc' is excellent when using the diNovo Edge as a media centre keyboard. Although it was quite responsive, we preferred a regular mouse when using the diNovo Edge for office work.
Setting up the keyboard took just 10 minutes. The Logitech SetPoint software can be used to tweak the keyboard's settings, and also to assign custom hotkeys for regularly used applications. Logitech advises users remove any previously installed Bluetooth components before installing the diNovo Edge. The keyboard comminucates with your PC using the supplied Bluetooth receiver, which is small and simply plugs into a spare USB port.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
- Intel Xeon D-2100 set to enable new capabilities for cloud, network and service providers
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProcurement sales mangerOther
- CCKnowledge Analyst (Digital Content)NSW
- CCMigration SpecialistVIC
- CCAndroid Developer - SeniorVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerQLD
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst Business Intelligence QlikVIC
- CCSIAM KPI Reporting Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCSAP Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaOther
- FTJava Developer - Foreign ExchangeOther
- CCCisco Engineer - Perth basedSA
- CCProject ManagerACT
- TPDNS Security SpecialistVIC
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTCloud Architect / Senior Engineer - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCReporting Business AnalystNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTIncident ManagerOther
- CCAutomation Tester - MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLEQLD