Logitech ClearChat Premium
This cheap and simple Logitech headset offers decent sound quality and a good microphone.
- Comfortable, decent sound, sound from microphone is clear
- Ear-pads can get sweaty, swing-out microphone is flimsy
The Logitech ClearChat Premium is a simple VoIP and gaming headset with good sound quality, a comfortable design and a high quality microphone. It’s appropriate for voice chat or listening to MP3s.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The Logitech ClearChat Premium is a PC gaming and VoIP headset that does everything it is designed for — it’s acceptable for listening to MP3s, it recreates game audio well, and the microphone is good enough for chatting.
Sporting a black and grey colour scheme, the Logitech ClearChat Premium is nothing special to look at. The ear-cups are padded with smooth faux-leather plastic and fit comfortably. The microphone is attached to the right ear-cup with a swinging joint, giving it a wide range of movement.
One thing that can be annoying is that the microphone can get tangled in the cable. The ear-pads also have a tendency to get slightly sweaty — this is not an issue unless you intend to wear them for several hours on end.
The headphone cable has an in-line volume control for the headphones and a mute button for the microphone. It terminates in two 3.5mm plugs — one for audio and one for the microphone.
Sound quality from the Logitech ClearChat Premium is good for a set of headphones costing less than $50. Overall the headphones have a very warm sound, with upper treble rolling off quite quickly and muffling the high notes in our test tracks. Mid-range frequencies are dominant, with decent detail audible. This makes the headphones a good choice for voice communication. There is no rumbling or booming bass though, so the ClearChat Premium is not well suited to video watching or PC gaming.
The microphone is of good quality; it’s nothing you could record vocals with, but it will be more than acceptable for in-game chat or Skype communication with your friends.
There’s nothing obvious to criticise about the Logitech ClearChat Premium headset. The build quality is acceptable — and the sound quality is more than acceptable for its price tag.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Soundbars: Why they’re worth it and which one should you buy
- Buying a laptop this EOFY? Here's a cheat sheet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies