Logitech ClearChat Premium
This cheap and simple Logitech headset offers decent sound quality and a good microphone.
- Comfortable, decent sound, sound from microphone is clear
- Ear-pads can get sweaty, swing-out microphone is flimsy
The Logitech ClearChat Premium is a simple VoIP and gaming headset with good sound quality, a comfortable design and a high quality microphone. It’s appropriate for voice chat or listening to MP3s.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The Logitech ClearChat Premium is a PC gaming and VoIP headset that does everything it is designed for — it’s acceptable for listening to MP3s, it recreates game audio well, and the microphone is good enough for chatting.
Sporting a black and grey colour scheme, the Logitech ClearChat Premium is nothing special to look at. The ear-cups are padded with smooth faux-leather plastic and fit comfortably. The microphone is attached to the right ear-cup with a swinging joint, giving it a wide range of movement.
One thing that can be annoying is that the microphone can get tangled in the cable. The ear-pads also have a tendency to get slightly sweaty — this is not an issue unless you intend to wear them for several hours on end.
The headphone cable has an in-line volume control for the headphones and a mute button for the microphone. It terminates in two 3.5mm plugs — one for audio and one for the microphone.
Sound quality from the Logitech ClearChat Premium is good for a set of headphones costing less than $50. Overall the headphones have a very warm sound, with upper treble rolling off quite quickly and muffling the high notes in our test tracks. Mid-range frequencies are dominant, with decent detail audible. This makes the headphones a good choice for voice communication. There is no rumbling or booming bass though, so the ClearChat Premium is not well suited to video watching or PC gaming.
The microphone is of good quality; it’s nothing you could record vocals with, but it will be more than acceptable for in-game chat or Skype communication with your friends.
There’s nothing obvious to criticise about the Logitech ClearChat Premium headset. The build quality is acceptable — and the sound quality is more than acceptable for its price tag.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review: Full, in-depth review
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTEPMO Support AnalystWA
- CCSAP Fiori + UI5 ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Operational Performance ReportingOther
- FT.Net Developer - URGENTOther
- FTSystems SpecialistSA
- FTOpenText ConsultantVIC
- FTApplication/Systems Support AnalystOther
- TPICT Project ManagerWA
- CCDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTERP Support SpecialistVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- CCUX Designer - Full StackNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - CMS / DMSOther
- FTUNIX Systems AdministratorOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSOE ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Technical Delivery ManagerACT
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork AdministratorNSW