- Great CD performance
- Slow, somewhat unreliable DVD writing
We recommend this drive for users who are after excellent CD based performance but aren't too fussed about DVD performance.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
LiteOn drives generally cut the mustard quite well in our reviews, even though they can be loud and clumsy looking. They are often the enthusiast's drive of choice due to the availability of a utility that lets users change the book-type of DVD media, forcing DVD-R, DVD+R or DVD+R DL discs to be burnt as DVD-ROM discs in a bid to make them readable in players that generally don't accept those discs.
If you plan to burn DVD+R DL discs with this drive, then you will require a lot of patience. Our 2.4X DVD+R DL discs took over 44 minutes to complete, even though Nero reported a 4X transfer rate during the burn. Single layer burns were also quite slow, and this drive was not capable of burning to our 8X DVD-R discs at 8X; instead the maximum transfer rate it could use on these discs was 6X. Nero CD/DVD Speed reported this drive to be using the CAV method for writing and reading. It also produced a "coaster" during our DVD+R burning test.
A test of dual layer burning produced a disc that could not be read in our old Pioneer 106D DVD burner. It was picked up without problems in our Zensonic Z330 media player, though.
It wasn't all gloom for this drive though, as it produced some of the finest CD burning and reading results in our tests.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
- Seagate Launces DJI Fly Drive in Australia and New Zealand for Drone Users
- New development for Western Digital
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTProject OfficerOther
- FTMid Level Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTProject Support Officer (Part Time)SA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTINTEGRATION DEVELOPERSA
- CCICT Lead / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- TPSAP ABAP DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - Technical WriterOther
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- FTUX Designer | Mid Level | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- TPDatabase AdmininstratorACT
- TPSQL Developer/AnalystQLD
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- CCMainframe DeveloperWA
- FTDigital Customer Experience Manager - CXOther
- FTNon - Functional Test LeadOther
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA