- It's free; includes tools that are designed to help keep everyone on deadline; allows you to set a range of dates during which a project may be completed, rather than a single date
- It's a beta version so it's not perfect; you have to regularly log in to know the status of your projects
Most project-management programs are designed with the ideal situation in mind, but in reality, projects usually don't go as originally scheduled. LiquidPlanner allows more flexibility in organising and reorganising tasks in response to real-world delays and circumstances. With its easy-to-use interface, LiquidPlanner is a good team player, no matter what type of team you're on.
LiquidPlanner is a Web-based project-management tool that emphasises the fluidity you often need in the real world.
Project-management software can help workers collaborate and organise their tasks, but many available applications don't always adapt to the way real teams actually work.
That's why we like LiquidPlanner, a Web-based project-management app that – as its name implies – emphasises the fluidity you often need in the real world.
Currently available as a free beta (the company hasn't announced a release date or pricing for the final version), LiquidPlanner provides a means of organising, assigning, and tracking tasks. It also includes tools that are designed to help project managers keep everyone on deadline.
Because LiquidPlanner is Web-based, there's no software to download, which makes it quick and easy to set up. It is also easy to use, whether it's your first time trying out collaboration software or whether you're making a transition to it from a product such as Microsoft Project.
It offers many of the same features as the latter application, but goes the extra mile in offering a "probabilistic scheduling" feature that allows for more-realistic task scheduling.
This tool allows you to set a range of dates during which a project may be completed; you can, for example, estimate that a task will be completed in three to five days. Most software programs require you to pick a single date for the completion of your project.
While it would be great if all your projects were complete on your target date, that's not always the reality. LiquidPlanner's flexibility reflects the way projects develop in the real world.
Another neat feature is the ability to invite a "virtual member" to the team so that you can begin assigning tasks and projects to a team member when a specific individual hasn't yet been chosen for the job. LiquidPlanner has easy-to-use management and tracking functions that make it possible for the project leader to keep tabs on the work being done by others on the team.
Most of LiquidPlanner's collaboration features are on a par with its competition – including Microsoft Project, which has set the standard in this area. It allows you to invite anyone, employee or not, to join your virtual space and work together with you on projects.
LiquidPlanner also makes prioritising personal and team tasks an easy job. The service uses a personal dashboard; on it, your tasks appear as a priority, but you can also view the tasks of the entire team. You can readjust your priorities easily to adapt to changes taking place in the project's progress.
LiquidPlanner allows you to see when tasks need your attention by using a flag system that provides easily-identifiable icons on your dashboard page.
So the "at risk", "on watch" and "needs update" flags, for example, keep you on task and aware of what's going on. Unfortunately, as the system is currently setup, you need to log in to your dashboard and keep an eye on it for these updates. The company says that there will eventually be a function that lets you push this information to e-mail so that you don't have to regularly log in to know how the status of things has changed. However, that function's release date is not currently known.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFinance Applications SpecialistOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Engineer (devOps)NSW
- CCHelpdesk Support AnalystNSW
- CCChange specialist OR Junior Change managerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Product/Project Manager - North QueenslandQLD
- CCJava Developers (EOI)QLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAPS6 Data Management OfficerACT
- CCDynamics CRM Functional Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSAS Solution DesignerOther
- FTDevOps SpecialistACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTEnterprise Solution ArchitectOther
- FTAccount Manager - Enterprise AccountsOther
- CCExstream DeveloperNSW
- TPTest CoordinatorQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTLead Change ManagerOther
- FTIntegeration ArchitectOther
- CCLead Technical Specialist ? SQL Lead -DBAVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW