FontExplorer X 2.0
For any designer, font-management is a constant source of headaches
- Create smart sets, integrates with all leading creative applications
- Absence of one-click filters, complex interface
FontExplorer X Pro might not be the most exciting application a designer can install Ᾱ but you’ll be guaranteed to make use of it every day. It’s close to being a ‘must-have’ for Mac-based graphics freelancers.
For any designer, font-management is a constant source of headaches, and one that requires specialist software to manage. Whether you’re working in editorial, advertising or web design, it’s likely that your machine is clogged with system-hogging faces that make sharing files with colleagues and clients a problem — especially if you’ve got several versions of the same font.
That’s where tools like Linotype’s FontExplorer X Pro come in. The name understates the power of this industrial-strength tool. While font managers allow you to preview, add and remove fonts, FontExplorer X Pro integrates with your key applications and enables you to accomplish those tasks within them. You can also customize previews, create active font sets and find missing fonts — and even buy replacement faces from within the application.
The main application collates and backs up the fonts already on your machine, whether they’re installed system fonts or application-specific, giving you access to everything in one place. From there you can arrange fonts into sets manually, or create smart sets.
Like an iTunes Smart Playlist, a smart set is a set of files that meet configurable criteria. You can group fonts by creator, application, family and a couple dozen more criteria. Then, like some omnipotent god of fonts, you can deactivate whole typeface swathes in a single click.
Plug-ins connect FontExplorer to design applications like Photoshop, InDesign and QuarkXPress, giving you much-needed control over how you handle text styles in those programs. The installation process is pretty seamless and is reversible.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Alexa Now Available in Amazon Music App in Australia and New Zealand
- Alcatel To Pre-Load Family Zone Service On All Their Australian Devices
- Audible Now Available on Sonos
- HTC Vive Announces Price of Vive Pro
- Everything You Need To Know About Android Go
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPLinux Automation EngineerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- TPPMO AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- CCPega ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Developer (API)Other
- FTOracle Database Engineer - EXADATAOther
- FTCCNA Network EngineerOther
- CCOracle Financial Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Support AnalystOther
- TPSoftware EngineerACT
- TPIT Trainer - System ReleaseWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AgileOther
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTelco Network EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack Developer - Blue Chip CompanyOther
- FTHosting/Virtualisation ArchitectACT
- FTProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- FTStorage Operations ManagerOther
- CCSite Acquisition Officer - Adelaide basedSA
- FTProject Manager - DatawarehouseACT