"If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work."
Linksys Wireless G Gaming Adapter
- Extremely easy to set up, Good performance
- None to speak of
A great device for connecting your online gaming devices to your wireless network with no fuss.
Price$ 109.95 (AUD)
The Linksys Wireless G Gaming Adapter is by far the easiest wireless device we have ever used. The adapter is used to transfer data from your wireless internet connection to your game console to allow online gaming. Its simple set up earns it kudos and its quality earns it respect from our test team. The unit is black, which always appeals to gamers, and can be connected to any device with an ethernet port.
This makes it a friend to the Xbox and PlayStation 2 as well as the usual PC gaming connections. The unit comes with an already assembled antenna, a power adapter and an ethernet cable. Setting it up for first use involves plugging the Ethernet cable from the port in the back of the device to the ethernet port on a PC. Once this connection is made all you need to do is insert the installation CD and follow the on-screen prompts.
The software will ask the gamer what the purpose of the wireless receiver is and automatically configures the device for the intended use. Then, all that is required is to plug it into a console or PC.
In the wireless arena, a setup this simple is very rare and the fact that it works so well once connected is another plus. On a wired network via the D-Link 504T ADSL2+ router our tests rendered no packet loss over Xbox Live! with an average ping time of 202ms. Using the Linksys Wireless Gaming Adapter we did not see any difference with both the wired and wireless tests rendering identical results. The same comparisons were made on the PlayStation 2 and again, there was no difference in signal quality between the wired and wireless connections.
When using the Gaming Adapter for PCs, the results are also favourable but while it is easy to set up, most people would probably prefer to use a proper router for their wireless gaming as it more easily controlled and tweaked for even the slightest improvement in performance.
As it stands, the Linksys is perfect for people who know nothing about wireless networking and just want something to play their Xbox Live! service without any time and effort in the set up. We are greatly impressed with this product and have no issues recommending it for use.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HP revamp Omen range with game streaming and hybrid keyboard
- Nerial release update to Reigns: Her Majesty
- City of Brass update adds new playable characters
- State of Mind set to hit console and PC in August
- In Pictures: Gfinity Elite Series Australia Season 1 Grand Finals
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- ASUS Zenbook Pro 15: A futuristic, exciting, imperfect, flagship notebook
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies