Linksys Wireless G Gaming Adapter
- Extremely easy to set up, Good performance
- None to speak of
A great device for connecting your online gaming devices to your wireless network with no fuss.
Price$ 109.95 (AUD)
The Linksys Wireless G Gaming Adapter is by far the easiest wireless device we have ever used. The adapter is used to transfer data from your wireless internet connection to your game console to allow online gaming. Its simple set up earns it kudos and its quality earns it respect from our test team. The unit is black, which always appeals to gamers, and can be connected to any device with an ethernet port.
This makes it a friend to the Xbox and PlayStation 2 as well as the usual PC gaming connections. The unit comes with an already assembled antenna, a power adapter and an ethernet cable. Setting it up for first use involves plugging the Ethernet cable from the port in the back of the device to the ethernet port on a PC. Once this connection is made all you need to do is insert the installation CD and follow the on-screen prompts.
The software will ask the gamer what the purpose of the wireless receiver is and automatically configures the device for the intended use. Then, all that is required is to plug it into a console or PC.
In the wireless arena, a setup this simple is very rare and the fact that it works so well once connected is another plus. On a wired network via the D-Link 504T ADSL2+ router our tests rendered no packet loss over Xbox Live! with an average ping time of 202ms. Using the Linksys Wireless Gaming Adapter we did not see any difference with both the wired and wireless tests rendering identical results. The same comparisons were made on the PlayStation 2 and again, there was no difference in signal quality between the wired and wireless connections.
When using the Gaming Adapter for PCs, the results are also favourable but while it is easy to set up, most people would probably prefer to use a proper router for their wireless gaming as it more easily controlled and tweaked for even the slightest improvement in performance.
As it stands, the Linksys is perfect for people who know nothing about wireless networking and just want something to play their Xbox Live! service without any time and effort in the set up. We are greatly impressed with this product and have no issues recommending it for use.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Australian Destroyer joins in World of Warships
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCountry Manager - Business DevelopmentOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Wealth & AgileOther
- FTEnterprise Solution ArchitectOther
- FTCloud ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Accounting BackgroundQLD
- FTBusiness System Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- FTMid-level Drupal Developer - BrisbaneSA
- CCDesktop Support / Field TechnicianWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAgile Digital Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTSenior .Net Developer - (Australian Citizens Only)Other
- FTO365 ConsultantOther
- FTDesktop TechnicianSA
- FT0365 Consultant - Large Scale O365 ImplementationVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTNet Technical Lead - Funds Management Products -Leading FintechOther
- FTLevel 2 Support Engineer | 12mth FTCOther
- FTDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTMurex DeveloperVIC
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC