- Twin HD tuner, 160 Gb HDD, good picture quality, HDMI
- Dividing recorded segments very slow, no USB
A good option if you want to record HD TV and can live without the minor shortcomings.
Price$ 1,124.00 (AUD)
The LST-5402P is a dual HD tuner set top box with a 160GB internal hard drive. It has a few minor problems, including slow on-screen editing and some small recording issues, but for those after a HD set top box with hard disk recording capabilities, this device is a good bet.
Recording can be done via the timer or manually, and both are fairly easy to do. As this is a twin tuner device, two channels can be recorded at the same, as you would expect, but both channels can not be recorded via the timer if the programs overlap. Therefore, in those circumstances at least one program has to be recorded manually.
The timeshift function also works well with no lag present when pausing and replaying live TV. When play is pressed again the recorded sections begins a few seconds before the time 'pause' was pressed - a handy inclusion if you missed a few vital seconds of viewing while scrambling to find the remote.
There are 20 slots for timer recording which should be ample for most people. You are given some minor editing options on the device itself, including cropping and combining, but these functions took a ridiculously long time to perform. Renaming and sorting recordings after this painful task however, was straightforward. We found the quality of recorded video to be quite good, and while there were some minor compression artifacts, for the most part video was smooth and sharp.
Picture-in-picture mode works well and a convenient 'swap' button lets you switch back and forth between the two channels. We found that once or twice when switching between channels there was slight audio sync problem, but it didn't pose much of an issue as this was corrected automatically within a few seconds.
The mildly transparent menu system and the remote are well laid out and easy to use, although the remote is a tad on the large side. The LCD display on the unit itself also scrolls to display the channel title, which is always a valued inclusion.
There is no USB port included, meaning your files are stuck on the device. However there are a host of other connections that should satisfy most users, including two composite, a component, RGB, s-video, HDMI as well as a coaxial and optical audio output.
While there are some minor shortcomings, if these don't bother you too much the LST-5402P is an appealing HD hard disk recorder.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAccount Commercial and Contract Manager (ANZ)VIC
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++QLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - Pre Sales Development ProcessNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerOther
- FTMitel Unified Communication engineer.ACT
- CCJanusgraph Consultant - Telco industryVIC
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- FTDigital Marketing Executive - PersonalisationOther
- FTWindows EngineerOther
- FTManager, Platform Wealth OperationsOther
- CCIntegration SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- TPIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- CCITSM Integration Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTETL/Data EngineerOther
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectOther
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCMobile Applications DevelopersACT