- Sleek design, wide range of ergonomic adjustments, clear images
- The base design limits height adjustment.
LG's Flatron L1980Q blends stylish design with a fast pixel response time and outstanding image quality. A top-notch monitor for all-round use.
Price$ 1,199.00 (AUD)
LG's flagship 19" panel features sleek, elegant design packed with features. The L1980Q features an 8ms pixel response time that makes it great for all-round use, from working, to watching video or playing games. It handles fast-paced action extremely well, and is a delight for high-speed gaming.
Its 1280 x 1024 pixel screen resolution is standard for 19" displays, and the image is clear and bright. The L1980Q employs LG's Flatron f-Engine, which is a purpose-built chip, designed to enhance images. The f-Engine includes DAFI (digital adaptive fine image), which adjusts the brightness and contrast of displayed images to improve quality. It doesn't affect colour balance, just the brightness and contrast, but it makes a difference; pictures seem to pop off the screen.
Both VGA and DVI inputs are provided, with the latter providing a slightly cleaner image. LG claims a 160-degree viewing angle on the L1980Q, but the image washes out slightly from extremely oblique angles.
The unit measures a respectable 42 x 41 x 26cm and weighs in at a touch over 5kg, but the stand is a more noteworthy feature. The base includes two hinges that allow the screen to swing through an enormous range of positions, which in turn provides comprehensive ergonomic adjustment. The screen can't be raised very high, but it can be folded back on itself, rotated through 180-degrees to portrait mode, or even flipped. A VESA wall-mount is also thrown in, so the entire unit can be fixed if desired.
The package includes forteManager software to calibrate the monitor. It's easy to use and provides quick, effective adjustments to the on-screen image. It takes a lot of the pain out of navigating the on-screen menu, and is a welcome feature for those that don't want to mess around for hours tweaking settings.
The LCD panel is rated to last 50,000 hours, which should see it easily last over a couple of upgrade cycles. A three-year warranty is also provided as standard, topping off a stellar product.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTProgram CoordinatorACT
- FTSystems SpecialistSA
- FTAsset Management SpecialistOther
- FTPronto Systems / Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTService Modeller/DesignerACT
- FTSolution Architect - Desktop ArchitectureSA
- CCSite Acquisition Coordinator - Sydney basedNSW
- FTPortfolio Management & Governance ConsultantOther
- FTNetwork Architect - up to $800 per dayOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Manager - Solution ArchitectOther
- CCLinux Platform/Development SpecialistACT
- CCProject Officer (Network Deployment Pgm) - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- TPFrontend Developer - AngularNSW
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- FTProgram LeadSA
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Test Analyst - GIS DrupalNSW
- TPProject ManagerNSW