- Sleek design, wide range of ergonomic adjustments, clear images
- The base design limits height adjustment.
LG's Flatron L1980Q blends stylish design with a fast pixel response time and outstanding image quality. A top-notch monitor for all-round use.
Price$ 1,199.00 (AUD)
LG's flagship 19" panel features sleek, elegant design packed with features. The L1980Q features an 8ms pixel response time that makes it great for all-round use, from working, to watching video or playing games. It handles fast-paced action extremely well, and is a delight for high-speed gaming.
Its 1280 x 1024 pixel screen resolution is standard for 19" displays, and the image is clear and bright. The L1980Q employs LG's Flatron f-Engine, which is a purpose-built chip, designed to enhance images. The f-Engine includes DAFI (digital adaptive fine image), which adjusts the brightness and contrast of displayed images to improve quality. It doesn't affect colour balance, just the brightness and contrast, but it makes a difference; pictures seem to pop off the screen.
Both VGA and DVI inputs are provided, with the latter providing a slightly cleaner image. LG claims a 160-degree viewing angle on the L1980Q, but the image washes out slightly from extremely oblique angles.
The unit measures a respectable 42 x 41 x 26cm and weighs in at a touch over 5kg, but the stand is a more noteworthy feature. The base includes two hinges that allow the screen to swing through an enormous range of positions, which in turn provides comprehensive ergonomic adjustment. The screen can't be raised very high, but it can be folded back on itself, rotated through 180-degrees to portrait mode, or even flipped. A VESA wall-mount is also thrown in, so the entire unit can be fixed if desired.
The package includes forteManager software to calibrate the monitor. It's easy to use and provides quick, effective adjustments to the on-screen image. It takes a lot of the pain out of navigating the on-screen menu, and is a welcome feature for those that don't want to mess around for hours tweaking settings.
The LCD panel is rated to last 50,000 hours, which should see it easily last over a couple of upgrade cycles. A three-year warranty is also provided as standard, topping off a stellar product.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- TPChange Delivery Officer / PMOQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Master Data Officer- SAP , VLookup, Pivot, FinanceOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst – Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTProcess Specialist (Continuous Improvement)Other
- FTUnix/AIX AdministratorOther
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointQLD
- TPSenior .Net Developer - 6 months contractQLD
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTINTEGRATION DEVELOPERSA
- FTOffice 365 SMEOther
- FTApplication Security Specialist - penetration testing requiredOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCeLearning DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness Process Flow AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTUX Designer | Mobile App | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther