- Attractive design and image quality, Good contrast ratio
- Gray levels slightly off.
This monitor is a good all-rounder. It can be used for gaming, watching movies and photo viewing. Its styling is sensible and we like the swivelling base. We do wish it had a DVI input though
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
LG's latest 19in LCD offering is a fast-response model with good looks and very good display quality. A 15mm thin bezel gives the monitor plenty of style and its circular stand allows for easy swivelling and tilting. The on-screen display (OSD) can be manipulated by four buttons on the bottom-right of the bezel, and the monitor's menu system allows for adjustments to be made to colour, brightness, contrast and gamma. Lightview buttons can also be used to access built-in presets for various tasks, such as reading text and viewing movies and photos.
The screen is rated as having a 700:1 contrast ratio, which resulted in nice deep blacks and bright whites during testing. Dark colours on a dark background and light colours on a white background could be clearly differentiated.
While its colour was quite rich and vibrant, we did find that some grey levels in the DisplayMate tests were slightly off, possibly due to the dithering technique that the monitor uses to achieve the various shades of grey in its 16.2 million-colour palette. However, when viewing photos we didn't notice any anomalies. Dark shadows, gradients and colour tones all appeared to be perfect.
LG claims an 8ms response time for this screen. Combined with rich colouring and wide viewing angles, this makes it great for watching movies.
Join the newsletter!
Bitdefender’s best-in-class security solutions have been awarded Product of the Year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystem Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User Computing - MobilityOther
- FTProject Manager/LeaderSA
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Financial Services | $880/dayQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FT3rd Level Network and Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSalesforce Developer - Telco ClientVIC
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureACT
- CCLSS Black Belt ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - Infrastructure - Data CentreQLD
- CCDatabase Systems Specialist-BathurstNSW
- FTOracle Database Exadata Engineers, Sydney CBD, 6 months contract,NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTDigital Business AnalystOther
- FTField Supervisor - Pit RemediationVIC
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- TPSenior Technical Analyst - Oracle PeopleSoftQLD
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity DesignerOther
- FTIT Help-Desk Coordinator / ManagerOther
- FTSalesforce/CRM Product Owner (CSPO)Other