- Attractive design and image quality, Good contrast ratio
- Gray levels slightly off.
This monitor is a good all-rounder. It can be used for gaming, watching movies and photo viewing. Its styling is sensible and we like the swivelling base. We do wish it had a DVI input though
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
LG's latest 19in LCD offering is a fast-response model with good looks and very good display quality. A 15mm thin bezel gives the monitor plenty of style and its circular stand allows for easy swivelling and tilting. The on-screen display (OSD) can be manipulated by four buttons on the bottom-right of the bezel, and the monitor's menu system allows for adjustments to be made to colour, brightness, contrast and gamma. Lightview buttons can also be used to access built-in presets for various tasks, such as reading text and viewing movies and photos.
The screen is rated as having a 700:1 contrast ratio, which resulted in nice deep blacks and bright whites during testing. Dark colours on a dark background and light colours on a white background could be clearly differentiated.
While its colour was quite rich and vibrant, we did find that some grey levels in the DisplayMate tests were slightly off, possibly due to the dithering technique that the monitor uses to achieve the various shades of grey in its 16.2 million-colour palette. However, when viewing photos we didn't notice any anomalies. Dark shadows, gradients and colour tones all appeared to be perfect.
LG claims an 8ms response time for this screen. Combined with rich colouring and wide viewing angles, this makes it great for watching movies.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTData Migration LeadOther
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- TPAurion Business AnalystQLD
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCSystems Support Specialist- Network SystemsQLD
- TPTechnology Training and Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Incident Management SystemsOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerACT
- CCDatabase AdministratorQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions Architect (Enterprise Infrastructure)ACT
- FTDatabase ConsultantOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTSplunk DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager | Intelligent Transport Software DeliveryOther
- CCMainframe DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FTOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerOther