- Excellent treble, great clarity and definition in all audio, easy to setup
- Slightly weak sub, bass tends to be ever-so-slightly slow at times
This is a great choice for those looking to buy a complete surround sound system that's a step above most other prepackaged units. It does cost more, but the extra quality nevertheless makes it great value.
Price$ 1,499.00 (AUD)
LG's AR702TS home theatre system is a 6.1 speaker set combined with a receiver. An excellent option for users looking for a complete package, the high quality of the components and relatively inexpensive RRP make this product great value. Although it still has a few problems, overall it's definitely one of the better home theatre / receiver combos that we've seen.
The AR702TS boasts excellent audio quality, especially in the treble range. Bass and the mid range are both clear and well defined; although at times we did notice that the bass tended to be ever-so-slightly slow, hanging for a split second on quick beats. Treble, on the other hand, is almost flawless, displaying crystal clarity and sharpness through to the very highest notes thrown at it. The entire audio range is well balanced, without any particular frequencies overpowering others.
Volume is adjustable in increments of 0.5dB. Even at the highest volumes, the system avoids excessive distortion, maintaining a clear and full sound. Unfortunately, however, it seems that despite coming with an absolutely massive subwoofer, that these high volumes aren't replicable in the very lowest frequencies. Bass is still loud, but the sub isn't capable of producing the levels of wall-shaking rumble that we would have liked to see. Although the amount of bass is perfectly reasonable for the majority of listeners, those who like to see their furniture vibrate across the room every time there's an explosion may be slightly disappointed.
The design is quite standard, with tall standing front speakers, and horizontal front centre and rear centre speakers. The sub is actually incredibly large, so make sure you've got space for it if you're considering purchasing this system! The receiver is quite simple, with volume and input controls on the front, and a plentitude of composite and analogue audio inputs on the rear, as well as component, coaxial, optical audio, and three HDMI connections (two inputs and one output). A USB connection is also available on the front panel.
The setup was quite quick, considering the size of the system, and we didn't have to screw any stands or wall mounts together, which is always nice. All the necessary wiring is included, and calibrating the speakers is quite easy using the inbuilt speaker tone function.
Inbuilt DTS sound field options really help to highlight various types of music, and unlike with some products we've seen, changing the sound field does create a very noticeable change to the audio.
The AR702TS is a fantastic product, and although relative to other prepackaged systems it's quite expensive, its quality is also significantly greater. Bass fiends are probably the only listeners who wouldn't be satisfied by the system's audio performance, and its incredible treble makes it a fantastic option for lovers of high suspense drama movies or classical music.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSenior Java DevelopersACT
- FTSignalling EngineerOther
- TPProject Manager & Business Analyst - eDRMS - 18+ month ContractQLD
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTLead Land Access Coordinator - UrgentOther
- CCICT Technical Change ManagerQLD
- FT2 x Python Developers - FinTech/TradingOther
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTTest Analyst (Automation)ACT
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTIntegration Manager - (Oracle Fusion Middle ware)ACT
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- TPProject Manager - Information ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Accounting / Financial DataOther
- CCApplications PackagerNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- FTServer SupportSA
- FTBusiness Analyst / Change AnalystOther
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerOther
- FTSAED CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT