- Excellent treble, great clarity and definition in all audio, easy to setup
- Slightly weak sub, bass tends to be ever-so-slightly slow at times
This is a great choice for those looking to buy a complete surround sound system that's a step above most other prepackaged units. It does cost more, but the extra quality nevertheless makes it great value.
Price$ 1,499.00 (AUD)
LG's AR702TS home theatre system is a 6.1 speaker set combined with a receiver. An excellent option for users looking for a complete package, the high quality of the components and relatively inexpensive RRP make this product great value. Although it still has a few problems, overall it's definitely one of the better home theatre / receiver combos that we've seen.
The AR702TS boasts excellent audio quality, especially in the treble range. Bass and the mid range are both clear and well defined; although at times we did notice that the bass tended to be ever-so-slightly slow, hanging for a split second on quick beats. Treble, on the other hand, is almost flawless, displaying crystal clarity and sharpness through to the very highest notes thrown at it. The entire audio range is well balanced, without any particular frequencies overpowering others.
Volume is adjustable in increments of 0.5dB. Even at the highest volumes, the system avoids excessive distortion, maintaining a clear and full sound. Unfortunately, however, it seems that despite coming with an absolutely massive subwoofer, that these high volumes aren't replicable in the very lowest frequencies. Bass is still loud, but the sub isn't capable of producing the levels of wall-shaking rumble that we would have liked to see. Although the amount of bass is perfectly reasonable for the majority of listeners, those who like to see their furniture vibrate across the room every time there's an explosion may be slightly disappointed.
The design is quite standard, with tall standing front speakers, and horizontal front centre and rear centre speakers. The sub is actually incredibly large, so make sure you've got space for it if you're considering purchasing this system! The receiver is quite simple, with volume and input controls on the front, and a plentitude of composite and analogue audio inputs on the rear, as well as component, coaxial, optical audio, and three HDMI connections (two inputs and one output). A USB connection is also available on the front panel.
The setup was quite quick, considering the size of the system, and we didn't have to screw any stands or wall mounts together, which is always nice. All the necessary wiring is included, and calibrating the speakers is quite easy using the inbuilt speaker tone function.
Inbuilt DTS sound field options really help to highlight various types of music, and unlike with some products we've seen, changing the sound field does create a very noticeable change to the audio.
The AR702TS is a fantastic product, and although relative to other prepackaged systems it's quite expensive, its quality is also significantly greater. Bass fiends are probably the only listeners who wouldn't be satisfied by the system's audio performance, and its incredible treble makes it a fantastic option for lovers of high suspense drama movies or classical music.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDevOps Engineer - Financial ServicesOther
- FTSenior Procurement Manager- Government BackgroundOther
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- CCProject Implementation Support - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- FTMurex DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technology Specialist (Networks)Other
- FTHealthcare Pre-Sales Consultant - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM DEVELOPER - BASELINE CLEARANCE REQUIRED - CANBERRAACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- CCSolaris / Oracle SPARC administratorVIC
- FTIntegration Specialist (HL7)Other
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- FTMulesoft Solutions DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager- Infrastructure & Application upgradeOther
- TPProject Manager - MortgagesNSW
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTApplication Packaging EngineerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW