LG 52LG70YD LCD television
The LG 52LG70YD is a no-frills LCD HDTV that produces good-looking images
- Excellent sound, handy on-screen menus
- Lacks picture-in-picture
The LG 52LG70YD LCD television is a no-frills LCD HDTV that produces good-looking images.
Price$ 4,499.00 (AUD)
It bears a family resemblance to its plasma sibling, the LG 50PG30FD, but the LG Electronics 52LG70YD LCD HDTV is clearly the more advanced model.
Whereas the LG 50PG30's main menu starts with six icons, the LG 52LG70YD adds two more, Input and USB. And unlike with the 50PG30FD, you can plug a flash drive into the LG 52LG70YD to view photos and listen to MP3s.
This model packs four HDMI ports (one more than the LG 50PG30FD) and two optical audio outputs into its 52-inch frame. But it lacks a picture-in-picture mode.
Setup is simple: Well-placed connectors and a setup wizard that asks whether the set needs home or store optimization help things along. And the well-designed, logical on-screen menus simplify day-to-day.
When you press the remote's Input button to change from your cable input to your DVD player (for example), the TV displays icons for all of your inputs; the inputs that are turned on are highlighted and grouped together at the front. Want to adjust the aspect ratio or the TV's backlighting? Press the Q (for Quick) Menu button for instant access to these common options. Those buttons--and others on the long, thin remote--are of good size and are well-placed for the user's thumb. Though the remote lacks backlighting, it (unlike the LG 50PG30FD's remote) can be programmed for use with other devices.
Our PC World Test Center judges rated this model's image quality as average. I saw several faces with the unnatural color and texture of an oil painting rather than human flesh. All of the judges noticed pixelation and other artifacts in various tests, especially during fast action and dissolves. Some images in our tests seemed a bit soft, too, but in general we found the image quality pleasing.
The LG 52LG70YD is a very good HDTV at an acceptable price. But a better TV in the same size category (the Samsung PN50A760) is available at the same price, and you can find pretty good sets (like the Sharp LC46D85X) that are less expensive.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Hisense Full HD TV and Refrigerator Top the List in 2017 ProductReview Awards
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- First Look: LG's Signature Range
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProgram Change Manager - LIS Program - HealthQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Incident & OperationsOther
- FTSenior SQL EngineerOther
- FTSenior Front End Developer - (Urgent)Other
- FTChange Manager - Part TimeOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Commercial LeadOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCControl Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTSolution Designer/ Architect | 6mth ContractOther
- FTSenior .NET Developer - Back EndOther
- FTData SpecialistACT
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- TPCommunication Advisor | ICT Project ImplementationQLD
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTData ScientistACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Team LeadNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperACT
- FTScrum MasterOther
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- PTAxway developersVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPProject OfficerNSW