- Quiet printing, good quality colour scans, user friendly
- Poor print and copy quality
While this unit has plenty of great features, we were disappointed by its print and photocopy quality. Photo printing may require a little fiddling in an image editor beforehand to get the colour balance correct.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
This good-looking Lexmark model has plenty of user-friendly features. It has a colour LCD, a memory card reader and supports PictBridge.
Its paper rests are permanently attached to the unit, which means that there are no extra fiddly bits when it comes time to set it up. It relies on a two-cartridge print system and does not have individual ink tanks for each colour. The machine has an internal space for a spare ink cartridge, and the scanner bed also has a cool little light indicating which way the paper should be placed for scanning.
During testing, this model was fairly quiet. We found the quality of the prints from the Lexmark to be a little biased to yellow and we also noticed banding in many areas of colour gradations. Because of this, photos may require some adjustment in an image editor before printing. Text printing was excellent though, with crisp and dark characters printing out in normal mode, while quick mode produced grey, yet very readable, characters.
In our tests, colour scans of glossy photos proved to be very detailed, with accurate colour tones. Greyscale images from our art book lacked detail, however, and even though we enabled the descreen filter to remove patterns produced by the source material, the scan suffered from these patterns throughout. OCR software also ships with the MFP and its results were excellent during our tests.
Photocopying text in normal mode produced copies that were quite sharp and easy to read, and only slightly lighter in tone than our original document. Colour photocopies were plagued by banding and colour issues, however, and took a very long time to complete.
The P6250 excels in user-friendliness. Its control panel has large buttons and clear labels for all the copy and scan functions, and the LCD makes it easy to print photos directly from the memory card reader. The supplied PC software, Lexmark Imaging Studio, offers an easy task-based interface for printing, scanning, copying and faxing (assuming your PC has a fax-modem).
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager - Records ManagementVIC
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- CCChange ManagerVIC
- CCSolaris / Oracle SPARC administratorVIC
- CCIntegration AnalystVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNEQLD
- FTProgram Manager - Technology & EngineeringOther
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTRecords AnalystOther
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTFinancial AdministratorOther
- CCMiddleware AdminstratorNSW
- FTBusiness Information Security Officer (BISO)NSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - Mobile AutomationOther
- FTProject Manager - Data Centre refreshOther
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- CCI&CS Communications LeadVIC