- Easy to use
- Cannot connect to a PC, prints slowly, prints are expensive
While the Lexmark P315 is easy enough to use, it is mediocre in every other area.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
Lexmark's P315 is a three-colour thermal inkjet printer that uses a standard Lexmark tricolour cartridge. Unusually, it has no PC connectivity options at all; to print from the P315 you either insert your flash memory card in its card reader slots or connect a camera to the PictBridge port. If you want to print an image from your archives, you'll have to shift it on to a memory card first.
The P315 gives you basic controls to adjust your images via its colour LCD. You can adjust brightness, choose to print in black and white or print just a portion of the image by applying cropping.
The P315 turned out best-quality 4" x 6" prints at a speed of 3 minutes 2 seconds per print in our tests, which is relatively slow compared to other photo printers. Image quality was adequate, but not up to the standard set by dye-sublimation and competing six-colour printers. The prints from the P315 showed noticeable inkjet "dots" and there was some slight banding evident.
During our testing, the P315 managed 80 4" x 6" prints from a full cartridge before quality began to noticeably degrade. That works out at a quite expensive cost per print.
Although it isn't particularly compact, the P315 does come with a carry handle if you want to take it on holiday. It's easy to use and delivers decent prints in a reasonable amount of time. But it doesn't excel in any particular area, and its lack of PC connectivity makes it cumbersome option for anyone who wants to work on their photos before printing.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCCNA Network EngineerOther
- FTProject Coordinator / Junior Change AnalystOther
- CCMultiple Java Developer roles!SA
- CCz/OS SpecialistACT
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Sharepoint DeveloperOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTJava Developer (API)Other
- FTOracle SOA DeveloperOther
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSnr MS SQL Developer- Australian only- security clearanceOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTNetezza Developer - Brisbane locationNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - OFM ImplementationOther
- FTLead Java DeveloperOther
- FT.NET DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Rail Project Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - NodeJSQLD
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject Coordinator l PMONSW
- FTLead/Senior DevOps EngineerOther
- CCOperations Reporting AnalystNSW