- Easy to use
- Cannot connect to a PC, prints slowly, prints are expensive
While the Lexmark P315 is easy enough to use, it is mediocre in every other area.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
Lexmark's P315 is a three-colour thermal inkjet printer that uses a standard Lexmark tricolour cartridge. Unusually, it has no PC connectivity options at all; to print from the P315 you either insert your flash memory card in its card reader slots or connect a camera to the PictBridge port. If you want to print an image from your archives, you'll have to shift it on to a memory card first.
The P315 gives you basic controls to adjust your images via its colour LCD. You can adjust brightness, choose to print in black and white or print just a portion of the image by applying cropping.
The P315 turned out best-quality 4" x 6" prints at a speed of 3 minutes 2 seconds per print in our tests, which is relatively slow compared to other photo printers. Image quality was adequate, but not up to the standard set by dye-sublimation and competing six-colour printers. The prints from the P315 showed noticeable inkjet "dots" and there was some slight banding evident.
During our testing, the P315 managed 80 4" x 6" prints from a full cartridge before quality began to noticeably degrade. That works out at a quite expensive cost per print.
Although it isn't particularly compact, the P315 does come with a carry handle if you want to take it on holiday. It's easy to use and delivers decent prints in a reasonable amount of time. But it doesn't excel in any particular area, and its lack of PC connectivity makes it cumbersome option for anyone who wants to work on their photos before printing.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE Developer (Brisbane)Other
- FTICT TrainerOther
- CCWintel EngineerWA
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileVIC
- FTUtilities Contract Administrator - $34phOther
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- FTHead of Engineering - FrontendNSW
- FTChange Lead, SalesforceOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - ASP.NETVIC
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTMarketing Operations ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTManagement Consultant, Strategy, New Products, TransformationsOther
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)WA
- FTApplication Packaging EngineerOther
- FTTechnology Development ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence Reporting AnalystVIC
- CCProcess Improvement Manager (Black Belt)NSW
- FTMySQL Database Administrator- Meadowbank locationOther
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical/ Architecture Java LeadVIC
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSenior Technical Engineer - MacVIC