- Easy to use, low price, low running costs
- Nothing notable
The E232 has everything a first-time buyer's personal mono laser printer should. It's easy to install, simple to use and robust enough to take the knocks of family life. Add the low purchase price and excellent running costs and you have a great buy.
Price$ 449.90 (AUD)
The Lexmark E232 is an entry-level mono laser aimed at home users with an eye on speed. If you need fast delivery of mono text or graphics documents, the E232 should be on your wishlist. Despite its low specifications we coaxed decent performance from it in our tests, making it a great choice for first-time buyers looking for complete ease of use.
Silver and black and housed in a compact frame, the E232 feels robust enough to withstand the rigours of family use. This is helped by the location of the 250-sheet input tray underneath the frame so there's no paper sticking out.
On the right-hand side of the printer sits the operating panel and, although the E232 lacks an LCD menu system, this panel offers enough print job information for the average user.
The E232 has 16MB of memory and a 600 x 600 maximum resolution that can be bumped up to 2400 x 2400 with software interpolation--but this is unnecessary because the maximum hardware resolution does a good enough job. Our only print problem involved a rather dark finish on shaded graphics printed at over 600 x 600dpi. Lexmark should be praised for not overstating speed and, while we couldn't match the claimed 21ppm (pages per minute) we did manage a close 18.5ppm for text documents on the lowest resolution setting.
The 1500-page starter cartridge is paltry and the 2500-page replacement cartridge doesn't offer great value for money. But the cheap, 6000-page replacement toner cartridge keeps running costs down.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)SA
- CCFront-End Developer (React)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- CCProgram Coordinator | IT TransformationNSW
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- CCSenior Web DeveloperACT
- CCCisco Engineer - Perth basedSA
- FTSAP FICO Lead- government backgroundOther
- CCSenior IOS DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCPortfolio / Project Coordinator - BrisbaneVIC
- CCIB2B Developer - Telecom clientVIC
- TPLead Engineer - .Net / XamarinQLD
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTProductivity Specialist (Black Belt level)Other
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- FTService Desk Operators (Part Time and Full Time)SA
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork EngineersOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - $104/hrQLD
- CCFull Stack Mobile/Java DeveloperVIC