- Easy to use, low price, low running costs
- Nothing notable
The E232 has everything a first-time buyer's personal mono laser printer should. It's easy to install, simple to use and robust enough to take the knocks of family life. Add the low purchase price and excellent running costs and you have a great buy.
Price$ 449.90 (AUD)
The Lexmark E232 is an entry-level mono laser aimed at home users with an eye on speed. If you need fast delivery of mono text or graphics documents, the E232 should be on your wishlist. Despite its low specifications we coaxed decent performance from it in our tests, making it a great choice for first-time buyers looking for complete ease of use.
Silver and black and housed in a compact frame, the E232 feels robust enough to withstand the rigours of family use. This is helped by the location of the 250-sheet input tray underneath the frame so there's no paper sticking out.
On the right-hand side of the printer sits the operating panel and, although the E232 lacks an LCD menu system, this panel offers enough print job information for the average user.
The E232 has 16MB of memory and a 600 x 600 maximum resolution that can be bumped up to 2400 x 2400 with software interpolation--but this is unnecessary because the maximum hardware resolution does a good enough job. Our only print problem involved a rather dark finish on shaded graphics printed at over 600 x 600dpi. Lexmark should be praised for not overstating speed and, while we couldn't match the claimed 21ppm (pages per minute) we did manage a close 18.5ppm for text documents on the lowest resolution setting.
The 1500-page starter cartridge is paltry and the 2500-page replacement cartridge doesn't offer great value for money. But the cheap, 6000-page replacement toner cartridge keeps running costs down.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCFeature Team Lead/Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- FTHogan Technical ConsultantOther
- FTSenior JAVA Developer - (Adobe Experience Manager)Other
- FTMS Dynamics SpecialistACT
- FTJAVA DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Software DeveloperACT
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- TPChange Delivery Officer / PMOQLD
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneACT
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork Data EngineerOther
- FTFront End Developer with UX designOther
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerVIC
- FTSharepoint ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution DesignerOther
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC