- Extensive paper handling options, colour, very versatile
- Colour prints not great
For offices that need a colour laser to do everything but make the morning coffee, the C762n is an extremely versatile choice.
Price$ 3,964.40 (AUD)
The Lexmark C762n is fairly inexpensive for a colour laser designed to serve a high-output office with a wide variety of printing needs. This model has truly extensive paper-handling options that turn it from a simple colour laser into a one-machine printing station. Options include a five-bin collater, a 3000-sheet finisher for such touches as stapling and collating, up to three 500-sheet paper trays, a hefty 2000-sheet paper tray, a wireless print server, and a variety of other media trays. You can even turn the C762n into a multifunction device by just popping a scanner on the top of the printer.
Of course, once you've fully decked out the basic version, you'll have paid significantly more than its attractive starting price, but the C762n's versatility is an asset if you do want to expand your printer's capabilities. The printer even comes standard with a 500MHz processor and 128MB of RAM, which should keep most office print jobs moving along smoothly, and you can expand the RAM up to 512MB.
Though this model has options to meet the needs of almost any office, its performance was less impressive. The device, which uses a single-pass design, printed text at 16.1 pages per minute and colour graphics at 4.9ppm.
The C762n's print quality, while generally good, didn't wow us either. It printed text very well, as most colour lasers do, with fine, dark letters. The narrow parallel lines in our line-art test looked straight and showed no banding, but the finer lines tended to merge together into a solid box. Our black-and-white photograph exhibited a bluish cast, though it looked mostly smooth and well textured. Printed colour photographs were light enough, but had somewhat garish colours and skin tones.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Launches First Double-Sided A3+ 4-In-1 Inkjet EcoTank Printer
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus M review: Leaner and meaner
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPUser Experience DesignerACT
- FTPeopleSoft Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Technical Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCKnowledge Analyst (Digital Content)NSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution Architect - Network SecurityOther
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- CCInfrastructure System Specialist - BrisbaneNSW
- FTEnterprise Application AdministratorQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTFront End Developer (Mid Level)Other
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- FTMurex DeveloperVIC
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- CCPrincipal Project Manager - ieMR ImplementationNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- TPSenior C++ DeveloperNSW
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- CCTivoli Netcool DeveloperVIC