- Extensive paper handling options, colour, very versatile
- Colour prints not great
For offices that need a colour laser to do everything but make the morning coffee, the C762n is an extremely versatile choice.
Price$ 3,964.40 (AUD)
The Lexmark C762n is fairly inexpensive for a colour laser designed to serve a high-output office with a wide variety of printing needs. This model has truly extensive paper-handling options that turn it from a simple colour laser into a one-machine printing station. Options include a five-bin collater, a 3000-sheet finisher for such touches as stapling and collating, up to three 500-sheet paper trays, a hefty 2000-sheet paper tray, a wireless print server, and a variety of other media trays. You can even turn the C762n into a multifunction device by just popping a scanner on the top of the printer.
Of course, once you've fully decked out the basic version, you'll have paid significantly more than its attractive starting price, but the C762n's versatility is an asset if you do want to expand your printer's capabilities. The printer even comes standard with a 500MHz processor and 128MB of RAM, which should keep most office print jobs moving along smoothly, and you can expand the RAM up to 512MB.
Though this model has options to meet the needs of almost any office, its performance was less impressive. The device, which uses a single-pass design, printed text at 16.1 pages per minute and colour graphics at 4.9ppm.
The C762n's print quality, while generally good, didn't wow us either. It printed text very well, as most colour lasers do, with fine, dark letters. The narrow parallel lines in our line-art test looked straight and showed no banding, but the finer lines tended to merge together into a solid box. Our black-and-white photograph exhibited a bluish cast, though it looked mostly smooth and well textured. Printed colour photographs were light enough, but had somewhat garish colours and skin tones.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTDigital Project ManagerWA
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- FTSAP HR / PAYROLL SPECIALISTACT
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther
- FTJunior Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- FTAPI Developer / Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCSAP Application SecurityNSW
- FTLead Land Access Coordinator - UrgentOther
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst & Project ManagerOther
- TPProject Manager - Information ManagementVIC
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro services URGENTOther
- CCJira AdministratorNSW
- FTOffice 365 SMEOther
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support EngineerOther
- FTPython DeveloperOther