Lenovo ThinkCentre A60 897621M
- Good physical size.
- Doesn't allow for much expansion.
If you're looking to add a few PCs to the office or looking for something reasonably priced to do your work from home, but don't need anything flashy, the ThinkCentre will run your everyday programs without any problems. Compact enough to keep on your desk but out of the way, this low cost system is a sturdy business solution.
Price$ 1,128.00 (AUD)
With business PC written all over it, the Lenovo ThinkCentre pays homage to its IBM heritage with a case design that's been tried and tested since the days of the 486. Perfect for offices or home businesses with little working space available, the compact but plain chassis can sit upright on its side or lay flat, allowing you to place a monitor on top. Although it may inspire memories of drab windowless office cubicles, the ThinkCentre design does a great job of keeping things simple and effective. The face or front panel consists of two USB 2.0 ports for quickly connecting USB keys or MP3 players, a microphone and headphones jack, not to mention a DVD re-writer. The large on/off button leaves very little space for even the most avid of computer-phobes to get confused.
Inside are an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ CPU, 512MB of 667MHz DDR2 RAM and an onboard GeForce 6100 graphics card to power you through your work. In PC WorldBench 5, which tests using applications such as Photoshop and Office, the ThinkCentre scored 88 overall. This is a reasonable score and suggests that most business-orientated software will have little problems running. We also used 3DMark 2001 SE to gauge the performance of the graphics card. In this test it scored 4993, enough to get by with basic graphical needs, but don't plan on using anything with heavy rendering requirements or playing any 3D games.
The compact design of the case means that there's almost no room for upgrading. One of the two RAM slots is used, but a maximum of 4GB of RAM can be installed, so purchase large single sticks if you intend to increase your RAM. The one and only 3.5in hard drive bay comes installed with an 80GB Seagate Barracuda (7200rpm), so increasing your storage will require a replacement, or perhaps an external storage solution. A small fan blows air directly from a vent over the hard drive and another fan similarly blows air direct from a vent via a small shroud and over the CPU's heat sink. There are a couple of expansion slots available for adding devices such as a wireless network card, and one PCI Express (16x) slot means you can beef up the graphics capabilities down the track. However, the 220watt power supply leaves very little headroom for any increased power requirements. The small fans, each pressed directly against a vent, generate a noticeable amount of noise when the system is idle, but hiding the machine away under your desk goes some way to reducing the problem.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple Roll Out High Sierra
- ASUS' VivoMini VM45 gets upgraded to 7th Generation Intel processors
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAccount Commercial and Contract Manager (ANZ)VIC
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++QLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - Pre Sales Development ProcessNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerOther
- FTMitel Unified Communication engineer.ACT
- CCJanusgraph Consultant - Telco industryVIC
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- FTDigital Marketing Executive - PersonalisationOther
- FTWindows EngineerOther
- FTManager, Platform Wealth OperationsOther
- CCIntegration SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- TPIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- CCITSM Integration Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTETL/Data EngineerOther
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectOther
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCMobile Applications DevelopersACT