Legend Digital LSD2
- Simple, effective DVB-T receiver
- No digital outputs, some design issues
Legend Digital's LSD2 offers inexpensive standard definition digital (DVB-T) support.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
The Legend Digital LSD2 is a digital set-top box designed to receive standard definition digital terrestrial television broadcasts (DVB-T). All the major restraint networks are currently broadcasting in standard definition digital, with a number of broadcasters offering more than one channel.
The silver device measures 30 x 20 x 5cm and would fit neatly into a home entertainment configuration. The front panel sports Exit, Menu and OK buttons, along with a navigation pad and the standby key. The rear panel of the machine is sparse, featuring simply a composite video connector, RCA audio outputs, antenna connectors and a serial port for updates and maintenance (by dealers, not end users), and the machine ships with a basic yet functional remote. The master power button is located on the rear of the machine, just below the power cable. Though a standby button can be found on the front, the positioning of the master power switch is inconvenient.
Channel scanning is relatively quick, and the channel list editor makes it easy enough to arrange the list as you prefer. DVB-T broadcasts are fully supported, but we found a glitch when tuning SBS. Thankfully, there's a troubleshooting guide on the Legend Digital Web site that helped solve the problem.
The machine is able to decode both widescreen and 4:3 aspect ratio broadcasts, and showed no problems with image quality during the test process. Teletext worked without fault, as did the on-screen TV guide.
Strangely, there's a fold-down door on the front face that looks as if it conceals some important functions. It doesn't. In fact, opening it up reveals a couple of blank plastic drive covers and the original beige shade of the plastic casing before Legend sprayed it silver. It doesn't in any way affect the operation of the machine, but it's a little tacky.
If you have been looking to make the move to digital television, but can't yet summon the cash for a full-blown digital TV, you would find the Legend device a capable (if a little unpolished) standard definition set-top box. It comes with a one-year warranty.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCloud ArchitectNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperQLD
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- FTMultiple SOC Analyst RolesOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - PEGAOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTRisk Specialist - 6 month contractOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- CCSAS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Biz Talk DeveloperACT
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst IEMR Project x 2Other
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther
- FTRecords AnalystOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- FTBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPSenior .NET ContractNSW