Legend Digital Legend Digital 30" LCD screen
- Clean design, Excellent colour reproduction, wide viewing angle, Clear and customizable sound
- Low contrast ratio, Only 2 fill screen modes
A reliable and cheap screen, the only major downfall is its low contrast ratio.
Price$ 2,199.00 (AUD)
Without paying for a reputable brand name, consumers are often plagued with tacky looking designs when purchasing electronic goods. We have seen many TV's with enclosure designs resembling toys, with shiny metallic casing and distractingly large logos. Yet if you research enough, you can find some cheaper alternatives which avoid this gimmick design trend - Legend Digital's 30" LCD screen being one of them. Not only does this LCD model have a minimal and clean looking design, it also is backed up with a solid performance in terms of colour reproduction, viewing angle, sound quality and configuration.
The design of the TV, is a refreshing change with a minimal black matte finish and no distracting features. The enclosure directs all viewing attention to the display, which is a 30" LCD, a large screen size appropriate for both general TV viewing (high-definition/standard-definition) and home theatre movies. Attached to the side of the screen are two speakers which provide excellent high and low frequencies, although lack in bass. The sound configuration, accessible through the TV's menu system, is quite extensive and allows users to adjust treble, bass and balance.
Setting up the TV was as easy as pressing the power button on the remote. On power-up, the TV automatically searches input sources for a signal, and when one is found, it adjusts the image for best fit. The displayed image size was a slight problem, as there are only two options for zoom modes: Fill All and Normal. When viewing some 16:9 content, the Fill All setting could only display a letterboxed image, not exactly filling the entire screen. Normal viewing mode displays the native resolution of the video source, which is usually lower than the native resolution of the screen, thereby reducing the overall image size.
We used the 30" LCD as a computer monitor using the VGA input. The computer display looked excellent; text was clear and there was no sign of aliasing, but once again, we had issues with the size of the image. The computer source seemed to be stretched to fit the width of the screen, although the bottom of the screen was left empty. Using the Legend Digital LCD as a computer monitor is possible, but not recommended.
The display quality of the screen was good in most regards, although its performance is tainted by the specified contrast ratio of 350:1. Image colour was spectacular, with colour reproduction being similar to Sony's Bravia . Colour over wider angles showed no colour shift, even at the widest specified viewing angle of 170 degrees. We did notice several artifacts when viewing dark scenes, especially when viewing off-axis. This is attributed to the low 350:1 contrast ratio, which was the only major disappointment to this display panel.
In all, the Legend Digital 30" LCD screen is a well placed contender in the LCD TV market. It provides an accurate reproduction of visuals, and exceptionally clear audio. Comparatively, this is one of the cheapest 30" LCD panels available, and considering the qualities assessed, it comes well recommended.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung’s Next TV is a Real Frame-Changer
- CES 2018: Hisense's 2018 TV Lineup Is 'A Whole Other Story' For Australians
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At Sony's Press Conference
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At Samsung's Press Conference
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At Hisense's Press Conference
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Support / Service Desk - Mount DruittOther
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - CMS / DMSOther
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- TPJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- FTNetwork Support Engineer - Level 2/3NSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTSenior Data AnalystQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant / Snr Security Consultant - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer l MPLS, switching, BGP, OSPF, MPBGPNSW
- FTBig Data EngineerOther
- FTProject Manager - Business EfficienciesOther
- FTArchitect - Governance and Practice DevelopmentOther
- FTSAP HR / ABAP ConsultantWA
- FTSQL Database AdministratorWA
- CCIncident ManagerNSW
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTMarketing ExecutiveOther
- CCSAP Fiori + UI5 ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSales Support and Administration OfficerOther
- FTSAP HCM Lead - ECS.111, SAP HR PA/OMOther