- Excellent in every way
- Nothing of note
SketchUp 5 is as simple to use as MS Paint, yet it’s very powerful and will serve well as an initial introduction to design software, or as a supplement to users already experienced in design software, in almost any field that requires modelling.
Price$ 640.00 (AUD)
SketchUp 5 from @Last software, recently acquired by Google, allows anybody to become a fairly proficient technical drawer in next to no time with its simple interface for 3-D design. While its software isn't as powerful as computer aided design (CAD software), it is a lot simpler to use.
Using a 2-D interface to draw in 3-D has always been a significant challenge, but SketchUp 5 overcomes the difficulty of doing this by using inferences off already established objects or edges and "guessing" which plane you are drawing in. The patented push/pull tool also allows you to easily extend object faces.
There is a dimension annotation tool that will accurately give dimensions of all surfaces at the touch of a button. It is even able to scale your model instantly. Once your model is finished you can experiment with textures, colours and real-time shadows and then render it with a few different effects such as transparency, enhanced edges or a hand-sketched appearance.
A tour guide function allows you to set predefined walkthroughs, including cross-sectional cuts, which can be exported in .avi or .mov format. Likewise, design sketches can be exported to a vast number of other design programs, such as Autodesk's 3ds Max. The beautiful thing about SketchUp 5 is that most of its tools and expressions are intuitive, so you can literally just start drawing. @Last provides a lot of tutorial videos that are very helpful and will have somebody who has never used a 3-D design program working efficiently in a few short hours.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Billions of devices at risk as Bluetooth-bourne vulnerability exposed
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTCloud Project ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - TableauOther
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTSolutions Architect (Enterprise Infrastructure)ACT
- FTIT GraduateACT
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTINCIDENT MANAGEROther
- CCTransformation/ Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist O365NSW
- FTIT TechnicianOther
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Engineer - Leading TelcoOther
- TPXamarin DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Agile Digital Business Analyst - Immediate StartOther