Laser USB PC Webcam
- Can be used with both laptop and desktop computers, simple to use
- Picture quality isn’t going to blow you away
A cleverly designed and easy to use webcam that also happens to be cheap
Price$ 39.00 (AUD)
The idea of being able to hold a video conversation with someone on the other side of the world is a nice one. These days it's all too easy with the cost of webcams falling and their availability increasing. For many people, a webcam isn't going to be a luxury item anymore. This is where Laser steps in. Laser provides a basic, yet decent webcam at a rock bottom price.
The design of Laser's webcam is pretty clever. Managing to kill two birds with one stone, the camera can be used with both desktop PCs and laptops. This feature if rather convenient for those that frequently move their webcam between the two. The way Laser have achieved this is incredibly simple. The camera is attached to a clip that can either grip on to a laptop screen or to the included stand. Once you've positioned the camera, installation is a breeze. There is very little in the way of included software with the camera, so all that's necessary is to run the setup on the included CD and away you go.
To make things even more simple, to activate the camera all that is necessary is to press the silver button on the front of the webcam. This brings up a menu where you can select the program you would like to use. Laser has included a small application called AMCap. The software's primary function is to record video to disk, which it does fairly easily. Using the camera as an actual webcam can be done easily through programs such as MSN Messenger, where it works simply and effectively.
Nobody is going to be blown away by the picture quality of the camera, but it's by no means bad. The 350k pixel CMOS sensor does the job nicely, allowing a resolution of up to 640x480. The picture quality is clear and crisp though sometimes lags a little. Overall, the camera is cheap, simple to use and of decent quality; everything you'd want in a webcam.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPIT Project Manager - Large Complex CRM ImplementationNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTNetwork Administrator / Junior Network OperatorOther
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTBI / ETL DeveloperWA
- TPSSIS DeveloperQLD
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- FTProject Manager - Distribution and Warehouse SolutionsOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTDevOps Engineer | Leading SaaS Product CompanyOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Mobility / UXWA
- FTCitrix Administrator/ EngineerOther
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems AnalystNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTPermanent Project SchedulerACT
- TPProject Services - Support RolesACT
- FTField Engineers - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Office Expansion ProjectNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCXamarin Mobile Developer - East MelbourneNSW
- FTWeb Developer (UX Design / Siebel Open UI / CSS)NSW
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW