Polyglots, rejoice: LangOver lets you switch easily between keyboard layouts
- Nothing of note
This tool would likely be of most use to multi-lingual people who want a faster option to switch between languages
If your typing comes out in one language but you want it to display in another, LangOver can make the switch easy for you. LangOver (free/donationware) isn't translation software, and won't allow you to select existing online text in another language and convert it to your own language. It instead works with the languages you have already enabled in Windows, and allows you to quickly switch snippets of text you type between those languages.
To see which languages you currently have enabled in Windows XP, open the control panel in category display mode and select the Date, Time, Language and Regional Options category. Then choose the Add other languages task, click the Languages tab, and click the Details button. You can then add additional languages by clicking on the Add button.
After that, or if you already have additional languages enabled, you can hit F10 to switch a line of text from a selected language to English or vice versa. Doing so will also switch the keyboard layout so that additional text you type is in the alternate language. Hitting F10 switches back.
LangOver requires Microsoft .NET 2.0, and its developer requests donations. The tool would likely be of most use to multi-lingual people who want a faster option to switch between languages. For an option that can translate existing online text, see the gTranslate add-on for Firefox.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService ManagementOther
- FTHybris ArchitectOther
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Project Managers (Multiple roles)Other
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Digital And TransformationOther
- TPDigital Business Analyst (Senior)WA
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTUI DesignerOther
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro services URGENTOther
- FTGraduate Recruiter - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- FTNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCChange Manager - Australian TelcoVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Web & TelephonyQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystsVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPICT Project Support OfficerQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperSA