LaCie Hard Disk 500GB design by Neil Poulton
- Stylish, small and compact
- It collects fingerprints and dust
A low-cost product that will look good on your desk while taking up minimum space. The LaCie Hard Disk 500GB design by Neil Poulton is not bursting with features, but it's all you need from an entry-level product. The LaCie Hard Disk 500GB design by Neil Poulton is USB only.
Price$ 259.00 (AUD)
LaCie products are well-known for their stylish looks, and this LaCie Hard Disk 500GB designer model is no exception.
Indeed, the LaCie Hard Disk 500GB's minimal design is important enough to give the designer pride of place in the name of the product itself. Step forward (takes deep breath): the LaCie Hard Disk 500GB design by Neil Poulton.
Finished in a glossy piano black, the LaCie Hard Disk 500GB's ultra-compact design is just about as small as it could possibly be and when powered up, the underside is illuminated with a cool blue glow.
The LaCie Hard Disk 500GB uses an external power supply but, like the drive itself, it's exceedingly light and compact making this a very portable and desirable-looking drive, although the glossy finish does tend to attract dust and fingerprints.
Upon connecting the LaCie Hard Disk 500GB for the first time, a setup assistant is automatically launched to help you format the drive correctly for your system. This software is all pre-installed on the drive, so there's no need for a driver CD. The format is important if you want to use the drive on different platforms.
You can choose a Windows-only installation or a dual-partition configuration that allows a portion of the drive to be also visible by Linux and Macintosh systems.
Also pre-installed in the LaCie Hard Disk 500GB is LaCie's 1-Click Backup software as well as all the required documentation. It's simple, good-looking and functional and comes at a very competitive price.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
- Seagate Launces DJI Fly Drive in Australia and New Zealand for Drone Users
- New development for Western Digital
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTDigital Customer Experience Manager - CXOther
- FTJAVA DeveloperOther
- CCGuidewire Business Analyst - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTSenior Network Consultant / Junior ArchitectVIC
- CCData ArchitectQLD
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- FTPresales Security ConsultantWA
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPTechnical AnalystNSW
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- CCLinux / Devops EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Java DevelopersACT
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTIT Security SpecialistACT
- FTChange ManagerQLD
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCDevOps ConsultantQLD
- FTIT GraduateACT
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Federal GovernmentOther