Kyocera FS-920 laser printer
- Quiet, high speed, low running costs
- Nothing in particular
The FS-920 is well built, speedy and incredibly economical to run. A perfectly pitched model from Kyocera.
Price$ 519.00 (AUD)
Few manufacturers can match Kyocera for overall cost of ownership. The company's ECOSYS technology means this printer is quiet, low-maintenance and has low ongoing costs. Add a low price, reasonable print speeds and quality output, and you have a personal mono laser worth attention.
The FS-920 is a surprisingly heavy-duty and robust model with options that include a network interface and memory upgrade to 288MB. It has a resolution of 1800 x 600dpi, and we managed to get it printing on draft text at 17ppm (pages per minute). Not too shoddy, and only a page slower than Kyocera's claimed speed.
We're also happy to report that there's little slowdown on jobs with mixed text and graphics when you bump up the quality. We even managed to print out a high-res A4 BMP image on best quality in 16 seconds. We didn't suffer any paper jams--though the printer's internals are easy to access so you should be able to retrieve stuck sheets without any problems.
At this price you're not going to get an LCD menu, although the FS-920 does have two hardware buttons and an internal 250-page input tray.
Kyocera sensibly sits the output tray a good couple of centimetres higher than the rest of the printer, so finished pages don't push off the ones that have already been delivered.
As expected on a mono laser, shading tends to look a bit mottled, but text and graphics on high quality are sharp.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Content Manager | AEM , HTML and CSSOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerACT
- FTSenior Unix Administrator - Warehouse Management SystemsOther
- CCSupply Master Data Analyst - Procurement & Supply Chain - TelcoVIC
- FTDigital Marketing Executive - PersonalisationOther
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTMid-Level Software EngineerOther
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Agile Software Business AnalystOther
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- CCSalesforce Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Infrastructure Projects)Other
- FTSupply Master Data AnalystOther
- FTRisk Specialist - 6 month contractOther
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- TPAPS6 Business AnalystACT
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerVIC
- CCCyber AnalystVIC
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- FTSenior Full Stack .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- TPService Delivery ManagerACT