Kyocera FS-920 laser printer
- Quiet, high speed, low running costs
- Nothing in particular
The FS-920 is well built, speedy and incredibly economical to run. A perfectly pitched model from Kyocera.
Price$ 519.00 (AUD)
Few manufacturers can match Kyocera for overall cost of ownership. The company's ECOSYS technology means this printer is quiet, low-maintenance and has low ongoing costs. Add a low price, reasonable print speeds and quality output, and you have a personal mono laser worth attention.
The FS-920 is a surprisingly heavy-duty and robust model with options that include a network interface and memory upgrade to 288MB. It has a resolution of 1800 x 600dpi, and we managed to get it printing on draft text at 17ppm (pages per minute). Not too shoddy, and only a page slower than Kyocera's claimed speed.
We're also happy to report that there's little slowdown on jobs with mixed text and graphics when you bump up the quality. We even managed to print out a high-res A4 BMP image on best quality in 16 seconds. We didn't suffer any paper jams--though the printer's internals are easy to access so you should be able to retrieve stuck sheets without any problems.
At this price you're not going to get an LCD menu, although the FS-920 does have two hardware buttons and an internal 250-page input tray.
Kyocera sensibly sits the output tray a good couple of centimetres higher than the rest of the printer, so finished pages don't push off the ones that have already been delivered.
As expected on a mono laser, shading tends to look a bit mottled, but text and graphics on high quality are sharp.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FT.Net Developer - Multiple positions availableSA
- FTNetwork SpecialistQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTDigital Program Manager - Web & eCommerceOther
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTFront End Developer (Urgent)Other
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst – Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware ArchitectACT
- FTSoftware Engineer - Leading TelcoOther
- FTINCIDENT MANAGEROther
- CCMultiple Xamarin DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Change AnalystVIC
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperQLD
- TPProgram Coordinator. Product Management BackgroundNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTFront End Developer with UX designOther
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT