Kyocera FS-920 laser printer
- Quiet, high speed, low running costs
- Nothing in particular
The FS-920 is well built, speedy and incredibly economical to run. A perfectly pitched model from Kyocera.
Price$ 519.00 (AUD)
Few manufacturers can match Kyocera for overall cost of ownership. The company's ECOSYS technology means this printer is quiet, low-maintenance and has low ongoing costs. Add a low price, reasonable print speeds and quality output, and you have a personal mono laser worth attention.
The FS-920 is a surprisingly heavy-duty and robust model with options that include a network interface and memory upgrade to 288MB. It has a resolution of 1800 x 600dpi, and we managed to get it printing on draft text at 17ppm (pages per minute). Not too shoddy, and only a page slower than Kyocera's claimed speed.
We're also happy to report that there's little slowdown on jobs with mixed text and graphics when you bump up the quality. We even managed to print out a high-res A4 BMP image on best quality in 16 seconds. We didn't suffer any paper jams--though the printer's internals are easy to access so you should be able to retrieve stuck sheets without any problems.
At this price you're not going to get an LCD menu, although the FS-920 does have two hardware buttons and an internal 250-page input tray.
Kyocera sensibly sits the output tray a good couple of centimetres higher than the rest of the printer, so finished pages don't push off the ones that have already been delivered.
As expected on a mono laser, shading tends to look a bit mottled, but text and graphics on high quality are sharp.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- FTData Insights Consultant - CBD work locationOther
- FTChange Manager OCMOther
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- FTSAP HCM Functional Analyst, Organisation StructureOther
- FTRates and billings ERP ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Transition Project ManagerOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator- Trim / EDRMSOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTPeoplesoft HCM Application DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Technical Analyst - Oracle PeopleSoftQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical LeadQLD
- CCOperations Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOperational Readiness ExpertVIC
- TPTechnical Support ResourceVIC