Kyocera FS-1920 colour laser printer
- Low running costs, small size, fast, good print quality
- Nothing in particular
While the initial purchase price may be steep, the low running costs will probably save you money in the long run.
Price$ 1,263.00 (AUD)
When it comes to the overall cost of ownership, there are few printer manufacturers that can match Kyocera's ability to look after the dollars. The FS-1920 is no exception.
Although the price of the printer makes the initial outlay expensive, with such low running costs the FS-1920 will soon pay for itself. It's a great solution for the printing needs of a mid-size workgroup thanks to its maximum duty cycle of 125,000 pages and 500-sheet input tray.
Despite its weight, the Kyocera is surprisingly compact. Setup is simple and we strongly recommend using the USB 2.0 connection if you want to produce speedy prints. Kyocera claims 28ppm (pages per minute) for the FS-1920, a figure which proved pretty accurate in our tests: even on high resolutions we managed 27ppm.
Print configurations are kept simple with a straightforward software driver, but you can opt to change every setting via the concise LCD menu that's nestled on the printer itself.
With a maximum resolution of 1800 x 600dpi (dots per inch), we expected this model to print crisp, dark text. We weren't disappointed. The quality on all text-based jobs was above average, and the FS-1920 even coped well with difficult shaded graphics on PowerPoint charts, exhibiting little slowdown when printing at higher resolutions.
Kyocera gets a big tick for its commitment to the environment. We were pleased to see longlife single-plastic consumables on the FS-1920--a feature that equates to minimal maintenance and lower cost of ownership as well as easy recycling of used components.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCProject SAP Asset CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Solution Architect - Data CentreACT
- FTNetwork & Security Gateway EngineerACT
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther
- FTDatabase ConsultantOther
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTUX Designer | Mid Level | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTTelco Project Coordinator - paying $70 p/hrOther
- FTFront End UI Web DeveloperOther
- FTApplications Network SpecialistOther
- FTData ModellerOther
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPAngular 1.4 - 6 months contractQLD
- FTMobile/ Web (PHP) DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO/Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTWindows Rollout / Desktop Support AnalystOther
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- TPSenior .Net Developer - 6 months contractQLD
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCSOC AnalystVIC