- Good sound quality, Comfortable, Generous cable
- Flimsy Build, Styling, Noise Cancellation
The sound quality is quite good, but the Plug feels flimsy and doesn’t do the greatest job in regards to noise cancellation.
Price$ 59.00 (AUD)
Very few things in life are more enervating than being force-fed someone else's idea of music at high volume, while you are sharing a train carriage, office or bus. Funnily enough few people who have such antisocial tendencies seem to enjoy soothing music.
Now there's a solution: with the Plug, Koss has taken a fresh approach to escaped noise. These headphones feature what the manufacturer describes as 'slow memory ear cushions' or, as we describe them, 'bits of foam'. Either way, you simply compress the squidgy earpiece, insert it in your ear and let it expand to 'plug' your aural canal. This should then prevent noise leakages.
The Plug is undeniably comfortable to use - and the sound quality was several notches up from our usual headphones. Unfortunately, according to several innocent bystanders, there wasn't an appreciable difference in the amount of noise that escaped at high volume.
The headphones themselves feel pretty flimsy. Lightweight and plastic, they do have a generous 4ft cable. While some will find this useful, the thin wire only added to the general aura of fragility the Plug exudes.
You get four foam cushions - so you can afford to lose a couple of them - but they're quite small and easy to misplace. And it's fair to say the styling leaves a little to be desired, although they will be hidden snugly in your ears. Most importantly, the fact that they aren't iPod white is a definite plus as far as we're concerned.
It's an interesting idea but it's not brilliantly executed. Sound quality is good and the price is right. However, the Plug feels flimsy and we found that a similar amount of noise escapes as would from a conventional set.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
- Jabra Evolve 75e brings earbud design, Active NC and ‘busylight’ to the workplace
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsOther
- CCDrupal Developer / Site BuilderNSW
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- TPLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCiMIS SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Large CorporateOther
- CCEnvironment Support Analyst with .NetQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management AdministratorNSW
- FTDesktop SupportSA
- FTCommunications Specialist- Change / MarketingOther
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperOther
- CCChange Manager-Port MacquarieNSW
- FTImplementation ManagerOther
- FTTest Analyst / Engineer (Cloud / O365 migration)Other
- FTTechnical writerNSW