Konica Minolta magicolor 2550EN
- Kill job button
- Light on features, Expensive running costs
In spite of the corporate edge, the overall verdict on the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN has to be that it doesn't stand out from the competition.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
The Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN boasts Emperon technology, Simitri polymerised toner and Enhanced Image Density Control. But if the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN is heavy on buzzwords - Emperon is simply a marketing term for Konica's own-brand printing system and interface - it's light on features.
Not only does the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN look ordinary, with a generic beige finish and darker graphite print tray, the build quality is ordinary. The finish looks flimsy compared to the more solid lines of some of the competition, while the styling is mediocre. Ergonomically, the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN's most useful feature is a kill job button. This is missing from other models, but is a fast and effective paper and toner saver.
The Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN's installation went fairly smoothly, although some of the dialogs in the drivers were in Spanish. The supplied software includes a fairly corporate selection of tools, including plug-ins for the Enterprise Management System and Novell's NDPS network print environment - which may interest businesses, but are less useful at home. The remaining software is a collection of standard remote print and management utilities. The most useful is a built-in web server, which makes remote management easy when combined with the PageScope Web connection tool.
Taking a minute to ready itself and with a colour output rate of 5ppm, the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN isn't quick off the mark. Monochrome speeds are more respectable at 20ppm, but running costs are among the highest here. And quality is mediocre, too - it's acceptable for business graphics, but not for reproducing colour photos effectively.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerACT
- TPDelivery Lead - IT Services Function - Day rateNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Analyst, IT & Business ProjectsOther
- CCAxway DeveloperACT
- CCService management Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems/Business AnalystACT
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- TPSenior Network EngineerVIC
- FTWeb DesignerOther
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Blue Chip ClientOther
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystOther
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)SA
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- FTService Team LeaderACT
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTTeam Leader - Software ServicesVIC
- FTDigital BA / Product Owner / 3 Month ContractOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW