Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Konica Minolta magicolor 2550EN
- Kill job button
- Light on features, Expensive running costs
In spite of the corporate edge, the overall verdict on the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN has to be that it doesn't stand out from the competition.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
The Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN boasts Emperon technology, Simitri polymerised toner and Enhanced Image Density Control. But if the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN is heavy on buzzwords - Emperon is simply a marketing term for Konica's own-brand printing system and interface - it's light on features.
Not only does the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN look ordinary, with a generic beige finish and darker graphite print tray, the build quality is ordinary. The finish looks flimsy compared to the more solid lines of some of the competition, while the styling is mediocre. Ergonomically, the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN's most useful feature is a kill job button. This is missing from other models, but is a fast and effective paper and toner saver.
The Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN's installation went fairly smoothly, although some of the dialogs in the drivers were in Spanish. The supplied software includes a fairly corporate selection of tools, including plug-ins for the Enterprise Management System and Novell's NDPS network print environment - which may interest businesses, but are less useful at home. The remaining software is a collection of standard remote print and management utilities. The most useful is a built-in web server, which makes remote management easy when combined with the PageScope Web connection tool.
Taking a minute to ready itself and with a colour output rate of 5ppm, the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN isn't quick off the mark. Monochrome speeds are more respectable at 20ppm, but running costs are among the highest here. And quality is mediocre, too - it's acceptable for business graphics, but not for reproducing colour photos effectively.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Launches First Double-Sided A3+ 4-In-1 Inkjet EcoTank Printer
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus M review: Leaner and meaner
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- TPEnterprise/Service Architect - Service Management ExperienceQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTEAM SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- FTAV Support Team LeaderOther
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Manufacturing SystemsOther
- FTJunior Project ManagerOther
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTEngagement Specialist (Information Management/Land Access)Other
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTHFC Network EngineerOther
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTIntegration ArchitectOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTSystems Engineer (Office 365 )Other
- CCPrincipal Project Manager - ieMR ImplementationQLD
- TPAgile CoachNSW