"If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63."
Konica Minolta magicolor 2530DL
- PictBridge port, Low costs per page
- Low capacity toner cartridges in box
The Konica Minolta Magicolor 2530DL is an economical choice for printing text and photos, if space and convenience are more important to you than print quality. It will appeal especially to professionals in need of quick, tolerable-quality photo prints from a digital camera.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The Konica Minolta 2530DL is a compact colour laser with built-in networking features. It offers a few new improvements over its predecessor, the 2430DL, including increased memory and lower accessory costs.
The 2530DL doubles the internal memory to 64MB, which enabled us to print high-resolution photos successfully from a digital camera attached to the printer's front-mounted PictBridge port. Without an expensive memory upgrade, however, the 2430DL could print only in draft mode.
Like all GDI-based printers, the 2530DL depends on your PC to render its pages. Konica Minolta provides a driver that lets the 2530DL work with Macs as well as with Windows PCs. The simple control panel includes a two-line LCD that simplifies the task of entering setup parameters, such as the image quality and image size to use when printing from the PictBridge port.
The single paper tray holds 200 sheets of paper or 10 envelopes. You can add an optional 500-sheet paper tray for and an optional duplexer for an additional cost. At 17.3 pages per minute, the 2530DL's text printing speed lags behind most other budget-priced colour lasers we've tested recently, but its 2.6-ppm speed for plain-paper graphics and 2.0-ppm speed for glossy photos are closer to average.
In our tests, the 2530DL produced heavy-looking but well-formed text characters with crisp edges. Line art was quite dark, too, with some minor horizontal banding. Our greyscale print had a yellow-brown tint and overly dark shadows. On plain paper, our colour samples showed plenty of detail in the darkest areas but had inaccurate colours. At the 2530DL's highest quality setting, photos printed on glossy paper exhibited good contrast and shadow detail, but off colours and grainy dithering patterns.
The printer comes with toner cartridges rated to last for just 1500 pages each. High-capacity replacement cartridges rated for 4500 pages are also available. You can save a little extra by purchasing a bundle of all three colour cartridges. Overall it's quite reasonable for a budget-priced printer.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Launches First Double-Sided A3+ 4-In-1 Inkjet EcoTank Printer
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies