Konica Minolta MagiColor 2450
- Smooth gradients in grayscale.
- Poor text printing, low quality colour printing, Too expensive.
Graphics printing is slow, and the features fail to justify the high price.
Price$ 1,199.00 (AUD)
The Konica Minolta MagiColor 2450 printer offers little to justify the extra cost over the almost identical-looking Konica Minolta MagiColor 2430DL and similar Xerox Phaser 6120n, both of which cost about quite less.
On glossy paper our photos abounded with dithering patterns, and skin tones turned orange. On plain paper the same image looked grainy, with banding and horrific facial colors.
Text printing was heavy and fuzzy. Lines didn't look solid in our line art print. Only the grayscale print impressed us, as its overall lightness allowed for smooth gradients and good shadow detail in the image.
The printer doesn't have a manual bypass slot--you can feed envelopes only from the main tray. You can add a 40GB hard disk with which you can store and print PDFs and password-protected documents.
Using the same high-capacity toner cartridges and imaging drum as the 2430DL, the 2450 offers estimated costs of 2.2 cents for black pages and 11.0 cents for color pages.
Like the 2430DL, the 2450 has a front USB port, though it doesn't do anything--yet. Konica Minolta says it will soon release a free firmware upgrade that will enable printing from PictBridge-compatible digital cameras.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware AdministratorOther
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- CCFront End Web DevelopersACT
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- CCSenior Storage Specialist - NetApp Storage and Cisco IP-SANVIC
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSQL Database AdministratorWA
- FTLead Business Analyst - Senior Digital ConsultantACT
- CCTechnology Architect x 3NSW
- FTProject Officer / Project Scheduler - Gold Coast BasedOther
- FTSolution Architect - DigitalVIC
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTMotion Graphics Designer / VideographerNSW
- CCFront-End Developer (React)NSW
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTTest Analyst (SAP)ACT
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager: ApplicationsQLD
- CCService Design LeadVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther