Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W
- Exceptional image quality for its price
- No Mac support, single 200-sheet paper tray
Great for personal use, this low-price colour laser printer produces attractive colour documents.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
With its tiny size and tiny price--the lowest we've seen yet for a colour laser printer--the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W would fit easily into any home office that often needs to produce full-colour documents. Simplicity is the key to this attractive colour laser, from its two-button control panel to its uncomplicated software.
To achieve this simplicity, the 2400W depends on the computer's CPU to render the pages, allowing the printer to use less memory and a cheaper processor. This USB 2.0 printer works only with Windows PCs, not Macs. Plus, it lacks integrated Ethernet, limiting its appeal for small businesses.
Its single 200-sheet paper tray further restricts its appeal; although that quantity will suffice for most home users, it may not be enough for a business. And with the 2400W, unlike with many other colour lasers, larger paper trays and duplexers are not available.
Nevertheless, the shipping 2400W that we tested proved a tremendous performer. It churned out text at 13.6 pages per minute and graphics at 3.2ppm--slightly above the average mark of the colour lasers we have tested recently. Print quality was outstanding, beating that of printers several times its price. We saw nice, sharp text, and even diminutive fonts were legible. It deftly handled our challenging line-art test, showing no evidence of banding. Photographic images were a little grainier than we usually see from laser printers, and the dark areas of our colour image did lose some detail. However, colour accuracy was excellent.
If you have modest paper demands, you may find the new Magicolor 2400W is a good, economical choice for adding a splash of colour to your printouts.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager x 2QLD
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- TPBI Project ManagerQLD
- FTProcess AdministratorOther
- FTSenior UX Service DesignerACT
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneWA
- CCMid Level .Net AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTTransport EngineerOther
- CCFinance AnalystVIC
- CCProject DirectorQLD
- FTSenior AP - Java 723052 - 723054Other
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Java Developer - marketsVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FTSolutions DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Infrastructure Operations SMENSW
- CCMySQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- FTEmail Campaign Production SpecialistOther
- CCSystems Engineers / Infrastructure EngineersNSW
- FTSystems and Database AdministratorACT