Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W
- Exceptional image quality for its price
- No Mac support, single 200-sheet paper tray
Great for personal use, this low-price colour laser printer produces attractive colour documents.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
With its tiny size and tiny price--the lowest we've seen yet for a colour laser printer--the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W would fit easily into any home office that often needs to produce full-colour documents. Simplicity is the key to this attractive colour laser, from its two-button control panel to its uncomplicated software.
To achieve this simplicity, the 2400W depends on the computer's CPU to render the pages, allowing the printer to use less memory and a cheaper processor. This USB 2.0 printer works only with Windows PCs, not Macs. Plus, it lacks integrated Ethernet, limiting its appeal for small businesses.
Its single 200-sheet paper tray further restricts its appeal; although that quantity will suffice for most home users, it may not be enough for a business. And with the 2400W, unlike with many other colour lasers, larger paper trays and duplexers are not available.
Nevertheless, the shipping 2400W that we tested proved a tremendous performer. It churned out text at 13.6 pages per minute and graphics at 3.2ppm--slightly above the average mark of the colour lasers we have tested recently. Print quality was outstanding, beating that of printers several times its price. We saw nice, sharp text, and even diminutive fonts were legible. It deftly handled our challenging line-art test, showing no evidence of banding. Photographic images were a little grainier than we usually see from laser printers, and the dark areas of our colour image did lose some detail. However, colour accuracy was excellent.
If you have modest paper demands, you may find the new Magicolor 2400W is a good, economical choice for adding a splash of colour to your printouts.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTInside Sales SMSF SolutionsOther
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- FTSAP Integration ManagerOther
- CCTest Specialist - eCommerceVIC
- FTIT GraduateACT
- FTService Level ManagerSA
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- TPAudio Visual Project ManagerNSW
- FTTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneACT
- TPMessaging EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst / Change AnalystQLD
- FTScrum Master / Senior Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- FTPMO Analyst BIWA
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- TPTechnology Training and Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCLead Business Project ManagerNSW