Konami Death Jr. 2: Root of Evil
Waffles, llamas and hamsters
- Two-player mode, llamas
- Nothing of note
The unique blend of wonderfully bizarre settings and enemies make Death Jr.'s return a fresh gaming experience. It's Nightmare Before Christmas meets Alice in Wonderland. Prepare yourself for one crazy trip.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Gigantic waffles and an ocean of acidic syrup. Chickens that shoot lasers Cyclops style, llama farms, and massive hamsters. Best of all, a flame-thrower that launches fiery toilet paper. Sound enticing? Well, you got it all in the fabulous world of Death Jr. 2: Root of Evil on the PSP. Death Jr. 2's unhindered creativity, amazing art direction, and dark humour make it a unique PSP experience.
Death Jr. and his quirky buddies are back for another adventure in this up and coming game when they accidentally release a Hulk-like evil spirit. Unfortunately, this time, the spirit takes Evil-Plus supplements that make it especially formidable.
The game smoothly combines FPS elements with platform action for fun play. The updated camera system allows you to rotate views and get a better view of your enemies and surroundings. The graphic elements are top-notch (especially the flashy particle effects). Added to the vivid artwork of the course layouts and a groovy soundtrack, Death Jr. 2 is a treat to the senses.
Unlike its predecessor, Death Jr. 2 now has the improved option to play the game as either Death Jr. or Pandora. This allows for a two-player mode where each player can pick one of the two. The game experience differs depending on which character you choose. Pandora carries a whip as a melee weapon and can nimbly cross narrow paths while Death Jr., with his multi-purpose scythe, can swing across gaps and slide down ropes at a faster pace.
Both characters can learn multiple melee attack combinations as well as create their own long-range weapons depending on the materials you collect in each level. There are a total of eight weapons for each character. Weapons are diverse and include freeze guns, flamethrowers, gas mines, electric guns, and rocket launchers. As an added plus, both Pandora and Death Jr. can perform hover jumps. By pressing X twice, they can twirl their melee weapons in the air for a long distance leap.
Death Jr. 2 is definitely a game that works for those of you who just love hacking at things. Levels spawn swarms of enemies with complex AI that keep coming at you unless you attack their regeneration area. The creative randomness of the enemies is delightful. After all, not too many games have llamas, chickens, hamsters, gorillas, possessed trees, gigantic centipedes, and mechanical spiders going for you all at once. These situations give good reason to master the attack combinations gained through experience.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- Destiny 2: The 5 key things PC gamers need to know
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- FTData Analyst - SASNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTChange & Communications AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer (Cisco ASA) - Professional Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCData ArchitectWA
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - MurwillumbahNSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW