Kodak Online Photo Printing
- A lot of options, Competitive pricing
- Advertising on interface
A cheap, robust photo printing service that will be perfect for those just after plain photographs.
Price$ 0.29 (AUD)
Kodak's online photo service is one of the more expensive options for digital printing. For the average consumer purchasing 4x6 inch prints, it will cost you $0.49 per copy if you make less than 30 and $0.39 per copy in a bigger batch. Compare that to the average of about $0.30, and the extra cost will add up over the course of a few years. Larger prints are also expensive, particularly those at the 5x9 inch measurement, which cost a whopping $3.00 each!
Unfortunately for Kodak (and us!), there range doesn't extend much past this. The biggest print they do is a mere 8x10 inches. Whilst these three options may be enough to satisfy many people, comparatively they came up lacking against the competition. They do however offer support for TIFF and FLASHPIX files, as well as the standard JPEG.
What Kodak's service does have going for it is an extremely streamlined interface. It requires a small software download, but there is no signup, and out of the other software based packages, it took us the least amount of clicks to get to our destination. You have several image cropping options when uploading the pictures, but nothing like BigW's full editing functions.
Postage costs $1.99 within Australia for a regular order (bulkier orders may differ), and you are given the option to send overseas for $9.99. It takes around 5 days to arrive, which is about average, however you can pay a small extra fee (either $2.50 or $3.50) to speed the process up, which was a nice touch.
It is a shame Kodak's prices are so high, because they produce some fine images. We felt they were comparable with Fujifilm's shots, which we absolutely loved. Colours were rich and deep, although not quite as bright as Fujifilm's they still looked great.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- CCWintel Team LeadWA
- FTBDM/Account Manager - TechnologyACT
- FTCyber Security Threat Management SpecialistOther
- CCHelpdesk Support AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- TPBusiness Analysis, Design and Configuration ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTOperational Support Engineer - Linux & CiscoOther
- CCNew Relic Integration ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- TPDigital Project Manager - SalesforceNSW
- FTUnix AdministratorACT
- FTICT Business AnalystACT
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTAgile Digital Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness System Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- TPSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- FTCloud ArchitectNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther