- Rugged design, compact, easy setup.
- Price, 50-sheet media capacity.
Kodak should have bundled more software than only ReadIris Pro, and we reckon the price is a little high, but the i40 is a good, solid performer that won’t let you down. Judging by the build quality, it will last for years and years.
Price$ 1,145.00 (AUD)
Offices with little desk space but heavy document scanning requirements find that most flatbed scanners are just too big - and very often not designed to be carthorses. The i40 steers a different course: as an upright sheet-fed model it has a petite footprint, and it's capable of scanning 1,000 pages per day.
At first glance, the price tag might look a bit steep. You can pick up scanners with a far higher optical resolution than the 600x600dpi offered by the Kodak for a fraction of the price. However, you'll struggle to find anything cheaper that can match the i40's tireless duty cycle.
Setting up the scanner is an uncomplicated experience. Operation is reasonably quiet, although in a large office polluted by dozens of machines this is unlikely to make much difference. The claims made by Kodak of 25ppm (pages per minute) in colour or mono proved spot-on - and this is much more important to a business.
The optical resolution of 600x600dpi may be relatively low, but the results weren't bad at all. Most businesses wouldn't usually need to scan at such high resolutions.
A genuine gripe is that we'd have liked a larger input feeder (the Kodak can cope with only 50 sheets at a time), but given that the i40 is all about compactness, this isn't a surprising fault.
Verdict Kodak should have bundled more software than only ReadIris Pro, and we reckon the price is a little high, but the i40 is a good, solid performer that won't let you down. Judging by the build quality, it will last for years and years.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSAP FICO ConsultantOther
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- FTUI Developer / Front-End DevloperQLD
- FTSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCMainframe DeveloperWA
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTApplication Support Maintenance & Patching AnalystOther
- FTPlanner - Network Planning and Strategy (Telco Environment)Other
- FTiOS DeveloperSA
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideSA
- FTETL & SQL Data AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTEmail Campaign Production SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)VIC
- FTFTTx Network Area PlannerOther
- FTDigital Customer Experience Manager - CXOther
- FTIT Asset Management AnalystOther
- CCSenior Process AnalystNSW
- FTWebMethods DeveloperOther
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter Valley AreaNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA