- Rugged design, compact, easy setup.
- Price, 50-sheet media capacity.
Kodak should have bundled more software than only ReadIris Pro, and we reckon the price is a little high, but the i40 is a good, solid performer that won’t let you down. Judging by the build quality, it will last for years and years.
Price$ 1,145.00 (AUD)
Offices with little desk space but heavy document scanning requirements find that most flatbed scanners are just too big - and very often not designed to be carthorses. The i40 steers a different course: as an upright sheet-fed model it has a petite footprint, and it's capable of scanning 1,000 pages per day.
At first glance, the price tag might look a bit steep. You can pick up scanners with a far higher optical resolution than the 600x600dpi offered by the Kodak for a fraction of the price. However, you'll struggle to find anything cheaper that can match the i40's tireless duty cycle.
Setting up the scanner is an uncomplicated experience. Operation is reasonably quiet, although in a large office polluted by dozens of machines this is unlikely to make much difference. The claims made by Kodak of 25ppm (pages per minute) in colour or mono proved spot-on - and this is much more important to a business.
The optical resolution of 600x600dpi may be relatively low, but the results weren't bad at all. Most businesses wouldn't usually need to scan at such high resolutions.
A genuine gripe is that we'd have liked a larger input feeder (the Kodak can cope with only 50 sheets at a time), but given that the i40 is all about compactness, this isn't a surprising fault.
Verdict Kodak should have bundled more software than only ReadIris Pro, and we reckon the price is a little high, but the i40 is a good, solid performer that won't let you down. Judging by the build quality, it will last for years and years.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPronto Systems / Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security - Operational TechnologyOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Health - Data Linkage SystemQLD
- CCTableau DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++QLD
- FTSystems Engineer (UC)QLD
- FTICT Team Lead - EL1 -Non-OngoingACT
- FTMid / Senior Level Functional Banking ConsultantsOther
- FTVarious DevelopersACT
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support AnalystOther
- FTDNS Network SpecialistOther
- FTApplication/Systems Support AnalystOther
- FTRail Program Manager/ Senior PMOther
- CCFull Stack Developer (Angular / .Net)NSW
- TPOutlook Support AnalystsVIC
- CCLead Technical Specialist ? Storage & BackupsVIC
- FTDevOps Developer- ElasticSearch, BitbucketOther
- FTDesktop Support EngineerOther
- TPData ArchitectQLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Data Warehouse DeveloperQLD
- TPIntegration DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW