- Rugged design, compact, easy setup.
- Price, 50-sheet media capacity.
Kodak should have bundled more software than only ReadIris Pro, and we reckon the price is a little high, but the i40 is a good, solid performer that won’t let you down. Judging by the build quality, it will last for years and years.
Price$ 1,145.00 (AUD)
Offices with little desk space but heavy document scanning requirements find that most flatbed scanners are just too big - and very often not designed to be carthorses. The i40 steers a different course: as an upright sheet-fed model it has a petite footprint, and it's capable of scanning 1,000 pages per day.
At first glance, the price tag might look a bit steep. You can pick up scanners with a far higher optical resolution than the 600x600dpi offered by the Kodak for a fraction of the price. However, you'll struggle to find anything cheaper that can match the i40's tireless duty cycle.
Setting up the scanner is an uncomplicated experience. Operation is reasonably quiet, although in a large office polluted by dozens of machines this is unlikely to make much difference. The claims made by Kodak of 25ppm (pages per minute) in colour or mono proved spot-on - and this is much more important to a business.
The optical resolution of 600x600dpi may be relatively low, but the results weren't bad at all. Most businesses wouldn't usually need to scan at such high resolutions.
A genuine gripe is that we'd have liked a larger input feeder (the Kodak can cope with only 50 sheets at a time), but given that the i40 is all about compactness, this isn't a surprising fault.
Verdict Kodak should have bundled more software than only ReadIris Pro, and we reckon the price is a little high, but the i40 is a good, solid performer that won't let you down. Judging by the build quality, it will last for years and years.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Support - Level 3ACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperACT
- FTInside Sales Representative - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - OFM ImplementationOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect ? Azure Cloud InfrastructureQLD
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware AdministratorOther
- CCIncident ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Supply ChainOther
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- FTHFC EngineerOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Angular4/.NetNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTHR Payroll Officer - Government background onlyOther
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware System AdministratorACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTProject Manager - DatawarehouseACT
- FTEnd-to-End Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTAndroid Developer - 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Business Process Solutions - MelbourneVIC