Kodak EASYSHARE V550 Zoom
- Wonderful pictures, stylish design
- Lacks advanced manual controls
This beautiful looking camera produces equally beautiful pictures.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
This Kodak EASYSHARE V550 Zoom performs extremely well in terms of image quality, yet falls down in several other key areas.
The V550 is a departure from the regular Kodak consumer camera design. It was a very pleasant surprise when we opened the box of this model to discover a slim, stylish, brushed aluminium body. It feels solid and looks great.
The V550 also comes sporting a nice-looking 230,000 pixel, 2.5" LCD. We love big LCDs; they make framing shots just that much easier.
The V550 uses Kodak's standard menu system, which is a brilliant system for new photographers. An on-camera help system succinctly explains what each function does.
This is where the good ends, however. The most noticeable absence from the menu system is any sort of real manual control. That includes manual control over things like aperture, shutter speed and focus. It does offer the standard white balance and ISO controls, and plenty of preset shooting modes, but this won't sate photographers who like to fine-tune their shots manually.
We found the V550 had incredibly fast startup, almost no noticeable shutter lag and 1 to 1.5 seconds image write lag.
The images this camera produces are nothing short of beautiful. For a 5 megapixel model, the V550 outdoes itself, taking images that rival many, more expensive 7 megapixel models. The colour is rich, the detail is clear and crisp. The pictures are something any photographer would be proud to have on their wall.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Dyno Introduces Modular, Motorized Camera Slider System for GoPros, Small Cameras and Smartphones
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Google Certifies Insta360 Pro as First ‘Street View Auto Ready’ Camera
- Noir Matter Introduces waterproof stabiliser for GoPro & other action cameras
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTHelpdesk / Support AnalystOther
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPLead Data Business AnalystQLD
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- FTSenior UX Service DesignerACT
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTOracle Developer / EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSQL Systems DeveloperQLD
- TPNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectOther
- CCDrupal Developer / Site BuilderNSW
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Permanent PositionQLD
- FTScrum Master, Marketing ProgramOther
- FTCloud Transformation ArchitectOther
- FT.Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD