Kodak EASYSHARE C340 Zoom
- Great image quality, light and easy to carry, easy to use
- Horrible image lag, lacking manual features, weak construction
You might consider this model if you're a beginner looking for good image quality, but there are better buys elsewhere.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
This camera is a great example of the direction Kodak seems to be taking with its 5 megapixel range. It is firmly targeted at beginner photographers, making the learning process as painless as possible, but this comes at the expense of control and versatility.
The EASYSHARE C340 Zoom comes with a range of picture shooting options, including sports, landscape and portrait, all of which are easily accessed by the function wheel. Each also displays a description across the screen, explaining what the function is best for, which saves referring to the manual. We really like this function, as it makes the camera intuitive and easy to use, which is perfect for new users. More cameras should implement menus such as this.
On this particular model, however, the options come at the expense of any real control. The camera offers basic features such as white balancing, flash intensity and exposure control, but these are half-hearted. It doesn't have the depth and flexibility required by a moderately adept photographer.
Despite this lack of control, the camera actually produces quite crisp images. Compared to most of the other 5 megapixel cameras in this category, the images were colourful, sharp and full of detail. This was completely overshadowed, however, by the incredible lag that followed taking even the simplest photo. During our testing, this lag was sometimes as long as four and a half seconds, which, when compared with other models is simply not good enough.
The camera design itself also leaves much to be desired. It's smaller than several of Kodak's other 5 megapixel models, but it feels considerably more flimsy than the competition. It's made almost entirely from thin plastic, with hardly any metal present. The upside of this is that the C340 is a very light camera, weighing only 145g without batteries.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Panasonic Announces LUMIX DC-GH5 Firmware Update Service
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Organisational Change ManagerOther
- FTApplication Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager- Cloud -Federal GovernmentOther
- FTEnd User Support OfficerSA
- FTSenior Software DeveloperACT
- FTApplication Security AnalystOther
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Technical Support EngineerACT
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- TPData Migration Developer - SalesforceNSW
- CCSAP Functional LeadNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - VMWareVIC
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Go to Market / Channel ReadinessOther
- CCFilenet Developer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCService Designer - GovernmentNSW
- FTSenior Master Data Officer- SAP , VLookup, Pivot, FinanceOther
- FTTest Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTWindows EngineerACT
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)VIC
- FTDeployment Project CoordinatorOther