Kingston DataTraveler 150 (64GB)
A fast and reasonably priced flash drive.
- 64GB of storage, fast transfer speeds, low cost per gigabyte
- No encryption software included
The Kingston DataTraveler 150 (64GB) is big, fast and relatively cheap. You'll need to decide whether or not you're comfortable storing this much data on an unencrypted drive, but apart from that it's a great USB flash drive.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
It doesn't have flashy extras (excuse the pun) or built-in encryption, but the Kingston DataTraveler 150 provides 64GB (60GB formatted) of relatively fast flash storage for a great cost per gigabyte of $4.98. To put this in perspective, that's half the cost per gigabyte of Lexar's JumpDrive Secure II Plus (8GB) .
To measure the transfer speeds of the DataTraveler 150, we used a folder with 5GB worth of files and a desktop PC with a 7200rpm hard drive. The flash drive achieved an average write speed of 10.63 megabytes per second and a read speed of 28MBps. It achieved an average speed of 8.24MBps when copying files from one part of the drive to another. These are very fast speeds, especially when the price is considered.
However, it's not all smiles and sunshine for the DataTraveler 150. The drive arrives without any software, so it lacks the encryption capabilities seen in the Corsair Flash Voyager (CMFUSB2.0-32GB).
Overall the Kingston DataTraveler 150 is an excellent flash drive with little to fault it. If you're willing to put 60GB of your data onto a single device despite the lack of encryption software, this is a fast and cost-effective option.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior UX Service DesignerACT
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere)Other
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterOther
- TPIT Project Manager - Large Complex CRM ImplementationNSW
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- FTCommunications Specialist- Change / MarketingOther
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCHelpdesk AnalsytNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- TPSoftware Implementation Project Manager.NSW
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTEnterprise Application AdministratorQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectVIC
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTService Desk Technical LeadNSW