Kingston Data Traveller Mini - Migo Edition
- Attractive Design, Sturdy chassis, Extremely cheap.
- none to speak of.
If you are looking for a very cheap 1GB USB flash drive that's well-built and can sychronise data between your PCs, the Kingston Data Traveller Mini is your best bet.
Price$ 24.40 (AUD)
In order to stand out from the crowd, a 1GB USB flash drive needs to offer amazing features and an interesting and compact design. In fact, the smaller it is, the better. The Kingston DataTraveler Mini - Migo Edition fulfils all of these criteria but in the end, apart from being a handy flash drive - it's just like the rest.
The single feature that this drive has going for it is the Migo software that comes pre-installed. Using Migo, you can synchronise two computers to work from the same information. Files, folders, desktop background, email settings and inbox as well as browser information (favourites/settings) can be synchronised so that when you insert the DataTraveller Mini into a second PC, it loads to look identical to the first. However, Migo currently only supports Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird for mail and internet settings. This is unfortunate for those using Outlook or Lotus Notes, thus alienating many business users.
In our tests we found that the Migo software worked well, but didn't have the ease-of-use of SanDisk's U3 software. The SanDisk version of the U3 Migo software essentially does everything that the Kingston Migo does, but it also has more features including the ability to carry entire programs with you between PCs and virtual drive functionality. However, the fact that we could move from one PC to another and retain our information was particularly handy and we had no problems synchronising data on two PCs.
Design-wise, the DataTraveller Mini is very cute. There really isn't any other word to describe it. Measuring only 35mm long and 10mm thick, the drive is extremely small, compact and lightweight and has a very basic two-tone pastel design. The protective outer casing slides back to reveal the USB component and when the casing is returned to its protective duties, it sturdily clicks in place.
The Kingston DataTraveller Mini - Migo Edition isn't a revolutionary product in the world of USB flash drives, but it certainly has a good range of features and an interesting design. It has an extremely low price and, as such, we highly recommend it.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCFinancial ModelerACT
- FTWindows 10 Project EngineerOther
- CCServiceNow SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorACT
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- CCCAD GIS BIM SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTSAP Project Manager- (Successfactor)Other
- FTCloud Specialist/SME - TelcoOther
- CCIT Service Desk SupportNSW
- FTSenior PHP ProgrammerSA
- FTPMO Project AnalystOther
- FTProject Test LeadQLD
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTETL TesterACT
- CCDevOps LeadVIC
- TPSAP ABAP ConsultantWA
- FTData ModellerACT
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialNSW
- CCPerformance Test Engineer - BrisbaneNSW