- Comprehensive kit, great sound, wide range of connectors
- Bulky, lots of cable if you connect every speaker
The Kenwood SAT7100 home theatre kit offers fantastic, expansive sound and a wide range of input connectors to suit just about every common AV component. Just ensure you have room to fit the AV unit and speakers.
Price$ 1,499.00 (AUD)
Kenwood's SAT7100 home theatre kit comprises two rear floor-standing satellite speakers (with stands), centre speaker, subwoofer, and three front speakers to provide a roomy, expansive sound. Kenwood has paid close attention to detail, shipping just about everything you would need to connect the kit up in a home environment. The box is packed with antennae, a sleek black remote control, batteries, speakers, stands, screws and even all the speaker cables.
The silver and black satellite speakers feature metal guards, threaded tripod mounts and a wall-mounting slot on the back panel to provide a myriad of placement options that should suit most home theatre configurations.
The core of the system, the KRF-7090D-S 120W x 7 audio-video control centre is a massive double-height unit that measures 44 x 16 x 40cm and weighs just less than 12kg. It features six-channel input, Dolby Digital EX 6.1ch, Dolby Pro Logic IIx 7.1ch and DTS-ES 6.1ch decoding, front connectors for S-Video and composite, and a massive range of sockets on the back. The silver front face features buttons to switch between inputs, adjust the volume and quickly mute a source. Tone controls, a headphone socket and the radio tuner round out the front face, but it's the back that belies the unit's true power.
A glance across the rear panel reveals AM and FM antennae, phono input, CD-in and MiniDisc line in and out. There's room for three S-Video and composite connectors and a single S-Video and composite output, along with a DVD/six-channel input, two component lines in and a single component line out. There's even a coaxial/S/PDIF digital audio input, and a 90W switched AC outlet to drive other hi-fi components. A subwoofer output and bank of speaker connectors fill up the last remaining square millimetres of space. This massive range of connectors should allow even the most decked-out home theatre systems to plug in with ease. The unit will even remember the settings for each individual channel, so you don't need to worry about constantly tweaking tone or volume for every device in your house.
The SW-39HT subwoofer offered a solid, punchy low end and it came to life when playing back movies packed with explosions and deep rumbles. The satellite speakers also offer wide frequency response, and were able to handle subtle spatial effects well. The kit includes ample speakers so they can be positioned to create an effective surround sound setup, and there's no distortion at high volumes. The kit is backed up by a one-year warranty, and is both easy to set up and well appointed. Just remember that you have to snake a lot of cable around the lounge room to drive all the speakers.
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Test Analyst - GIS DrupalNSW
- FTSAP Payroll SpecialistOther
- CCProject AnalystNSW
- CCSupply Master Data Analyst - Procurement & Supply Chain - TelcoVIC
- FTCustomer & Sales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- CC.net developerNSW
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- FTInformation Security ManagerVIC
- CCSAP AdminstratorNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX ? Technical ArchitectQLD
- TPAutomation EngineerQLD
- FTFrontEnd Angular DeveloperOther
- FTSystems Support ManagerNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- TPSecurity AnalystACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- TPEL1 Business AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA