- Great sound quality, Host of equalisation options
- Limited connectivity
A very commendable micro Hi-Fi system from Kenwood that combines great sound and design with a myriad of sound equalisation options.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Towards the higher end of micro Hi-Fi systems in terms of price, Kenwood's K-701 is a simple product that comes with just a CD player and radio with a pair of two-way speakers. The speakers complement the styling of the CD player to give an overall attractive aesthetic. Also included is a very functional and well laid out remote control.
Setting up this package is an easy task, as would be expected with a micro system. Just connect the speakers to the player with the supplied wiring, and power it up. An auto calibration microphone is included to normalize speaker levels if they are not placed in equidistant positions in the room.
Music playback was better than expected for a system of this size. The middle and upper registers were clear, and with the addition of the D-bass setting, bass was surprisingly good. Everything from opera to rock to dance and pop music sounded great - if we had to pick a fault it would be the lack of very deep frequency response. Again, this is only if we were really pushed to find a weakness, as this system really does produce great sound - especially considering it only has two way speakers.
Music could be pushed to a fairly high volume and there was little distortion present at this range. Sound felt very flat with no equalising, but with the adjustment of a couple of settings a warm and encompassing sound was easily attained.
There is a host of equalisation settings available, including a seven band equaliser, bass and treble isolation adjustments as well as a D-bass setting. With all these of these combined you would be hard pressed not to find a configuration you were content with. On top of this there are three presets to save your favourite settings. Getting lost in this world of equalising is not a problem as it can all be switched off with the press of a button.
There are few connectivity options with the K-701 unfortunately, but for a micro Hi-Fi system this is not too great a concern. There are four RCA ports - three inputs for devices such as a tape deck or record player, and one output. There is also a subwoofer pre output, which is a handy inclusion if you ever wanted to add an extra dimension to the system, as well as AM and FM antenna ports.
The K-701 will certainly appeal to people who are willing to spend a little more for a micro Hi-Fi system in return for great sound quality and a sleek design.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCKofax DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTPractice Director Quality AssuranceSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTSenior NodeJS DeveloperQLD
- FTServiceNow Solution SpecialistOther
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst IEMR Project x 2Other
- FTSales ManagerVIC
- TPTest Automation EngineerQLD
- TPProject Manager - CRMQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- CCDatabase Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTDrupal DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTWindows EngineerOther