Kambrook Arctic (KFA835) tower fan
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835) review: A well-designed tower fan with a fair price
- Good price, unobtrusive design
- Nature mode is annoying
The Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835) tower fan is a great option if you're after a budget cooling solution this summer.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
The Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) is an affordable option for keeping cool this summer. It's a lot cheaper than the $599 Dyson AM02 Tower fan, and $40 less expensive than the Sunbeam Summit Tower.
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835): Features and design
A mixture of glossy black and matte plastic form the chassis of the fan. Standing approximately 90cm high and about 15cm wide, the Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage won't take up much room in your home at all. A carry handle is built into the top of the device for easy transportation. Control buttons dot the top of the unit and let you alter mode, fan speed, sleep timer and oscillation. You can also use the accompanying remote control to make these adjustments.
Just like the Sunbeam Summit Tower fan, instead of a conventional bladed fan the Kambrook KFA835 features a vertical turbine-like column that draws in air and throws it back out at a higher velocity.
Also like Sunbeam Summit Tower fan, the Arctic KFA835 has a 'nature' setting, which is intended to simulate a natural breeze. However, it just feels like the fan has become self-aware and is trying to annoy you to death with an irregular airflow — the sound of the fan changing power from high to low at frequent intervals just gets too annoying.
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835): Performance
The Kambrook KFA835's airflow reach of about 5.7 metres falls short of the Sunbeam's 8.6 metre. Unless you have a huge room to cool this shouldn't really be a big problem. The fan itself works a treat: it's easy to use and assemble and as mentioned previously it won't take up much space. The Kambrook KFA835 is somewhat quieter than the Sunbeam Summit Tower and far quieter than the Dyson AM02.
Kambrook states that as a part of its testing procedures, "the Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) completed over 2200 hours of continuous testing — the equivalent to a cool breeze blowing every day of summer". We believe the Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) is a great buy this summer.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- The Pico Model C is the beer-brewing appliance for price-conscious beginners
- TP-Link's new Wi-Fi light bulbs shun smart bridges for easier, cheaper setup
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Technology & EngineeringOther
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperVIC
- TPEL1 Business AnalystACT
- CCLoad Balancer SpecialistWA
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- CCSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Developer/Technical AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst, Business Efficiencies ProgramOther
- FTProblem Engineer - J2EE - TelcoVIC
- CCVMware EngineerNSW
- CCOracle CRM OD (On Demand) Consultant - Telecom IndustryVIC
- CCWholesale Trading Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTMid-Level Software EngineerOther
- FTInfrastructure Solutions Architect - Converged InfrastructureOther
- FTSAP Test ManagerACT
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD