Brought to you by Norton Symantec
Kambrook Arctic (KFA835) tower fan
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835) review: A well-designed tower fan with a fair price
- Good price, unobtrusive design
- Nature mode is annoying
The Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835) tower fan is a great option if you're after a budget cooling solution this summer.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
The Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) is an affordable option for keeping cool this summer. It's a lot cheaper than the $599 Dyson AM02 Tower fan, and $40 less expensive than the Sunbeam Summit Tower.
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835): Features and design
A mixture of glossy black and matte plastic form the chassis of the fan. Standing approximately 90cm high and about 15cm wide, the Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage won't take up much room in your home at all. A carry handle is built into the top of the device for easy transportation. Control buttons dot the top of the unit and let you alter mode, fan speed, sleep timer and oscillation. You can also use the accompanying remote control to make these adjustments.
Just like the Sunbeam Summit Tower fan, instead of a conventional bladed fan the Kambrook KFA835 features a vertical turbine-like column that draws in air and throws it back out at a higher velocity.
Also like Sunbeam Summit Tower fan, the Arctic KFA835 has a 'nature' setting, which is intended to simulate a natural breeze. However, it just feels like the fan has become self-aware and is trying to annoy you to death with an irregular airflow — the sound of the fan changing power from high to low at frequent intervals just gets too annoying.
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835): Performance
The Kambrook KFA835's airflow reach of about 5.7 metres falls short of the Sunbeam's 8.6 metre. Unless you have a huge room to cool this shouldn't really be a big problem. The fan itself works a treat: it's easy to use and assemble and as mentioned previously it won't take up much space. The Kambrook KFA835 is somewhat quieter than the Sunbeam Summit Tower and far quieter than the Dyson AM02.
Kambrook states that as a part of its testing procedures, "the Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) completed over 2200 hours of continuous testing — the equivalent to a cool breeze blowing every day of summer". We believe the Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) is a great buy this summer.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- The Pico Model C is the beer-brewing appliance for price-conscious beginners
- TP-Link's new Wi-Fi light bulbs shun smart bridges for easier, cheaper setup
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- ASUS Zenbook Pro 15: A futuristic, exciting, imperfect, flagship notebook
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies