This month, two PC World readers are going to be the lucky recipients of Huawei’s latest smartwatch, the HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 Pro, valued at $499.
Kambrook Arctic (KFA835) tower fan
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835) review: A well-designed tower fan with a fair price
- Good price, unobtrusive design
- Nature mode is annoying
The Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835) tower fan is a great option if you're after a budget cooling solution this summer.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
The Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) is an affordable option for keeping cool this summer. It's a lot cheaper than the $599 Dyson AM02 Tower fan, and $40 less expensive than the Sunbeam Summit Tower.
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835): Features and design
A mixture of glossy black and matte plastic form the chassis of the fan. Standing approximately 90cm high and about 15cm wide, the Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage won't take up much room in your home at all. A carry handle is built into the top of the device for easy transportation. Control buttons dot the top of the unit and let you alter mode, fan speed, sleep timer and oscillation. You can also use the accompanying remote control to make these adjustments.
Just like the Sunbeam Summit Tower fan, instead of a conventional bladed fan the Kambrook KFA835 features a vertical turbine-like column that draws in air and throws it back out at a higher velocity.
Also like Sunbeam Summit Tower fan, the Arctic KFA835 has a 'nature' setting, which is intended to simulate a natural breeze. However, it just feels like the fan has become self-aware and is trying to annoy you to death with an irregular airflow — the sound of the fan changing power from high to low at frequent intervals just gets too annoying.
Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage (KFA835): Performance
The Kambrook KFA835's airflow reach of about 5.7 metres falls short of the Sunbeam's 8.6 metre. Unless you have a huge room to cool this shouldn't really be a big problem. The fan itself works a treat: it's easy to use and assemble and as mentioned previously it won't take up much space. The Kambrook KFA835 is somewhat quieter than the Sunbeam Summit Tower and far quieter than the Dyson AM02.
Kambrook states that as a part of its testing procedures, "the Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) completed over 2200 hours of continuous testing — the equivalent to a cool breeze blowing every day of summer". We believe the Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) is a great buy this summer.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Razer Naga Trinity review: The last best MMO gaming mouse
- 2 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 3 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- 4 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
Latest News Articles
- LG Electronics introduces AI enabled robotic vacuum
- Kogan expands SmarterHome range
- Kogan launches high-quality, low cost appliance range
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- The Pico Model C is the beer-brewing appliance for price-conscious beginners
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Vivo X60 Pro (2021) smartphone review: A capable photographer’s companion
- Lenovo powers new ThinkPad L-series notebooks with mobile Ryzen 5000
- Six headphone deals to consider for Australia's EOFY 2021
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies